I gave each lady one of the tatted ornaments with evil eye beads which I make on the bus rides. Especially the one in the middle really liked it because I saw her stroke it tenderly when we were pulling out.
But we stop to see how the well works.
We sat on the floor here, were allowed to ask any questions and then the Imam gave us a sample of his chanting. He won a special Imam competition winning second best in his district. I closed my eyes and said my own prayer. It was very moving. You can hear some of it here.
xt stop: Konya Mevlana Mouseloum
also known as Rumi museum.
to purify yourselves before worship.
Since it is a very holy place, no photos allowed in the mosque.
But since this was also the lodge for the order of the 'whirling dervishes' their rooms on the other side of the court yard were nicely displayed with still lives.
We started in the kitchen area.
Invocation rosary. It is made with 1498 marbles.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
From Aykut's CD:
Day 13 Wednesday 06.27.2012 (Cappadocia)
- Breakfast with the Village Family
- Attempt to visit Eflatunpınarı, Hitite Monument, could not be realized due to the road construction, but stop at a water well on the way
- Eşrefoğlu Mosque visit in Beyşehir, listening call for prayer from the Imam of the mosque (13th C AD) (Not in the Program. Learning & Discovery)
- Konya Mevlana Mauseloum Visit (Seljuk 13th C AD)
- Lunch on own in Gülbahçe Restaurant in Konya
- Drive through Cappadocia
- Dinner at the Hotel
- Port talk about the following day’s Program
Overnight at Karlıkevi Hotel, Uçhisar