First we visit Göreme Open Air Museum
There were lots of dwellings carved into this soft rock. Each dwelling was for multi-generation families. It seemed that they always included what we would call a church where the early Christians would meet.
caravansarai, a place on a commerce route built every so often so that travelers on the silk road would have a safe place for the night.
And then back to the hotel for dinner.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
From Aykut's CD:
Day 14 Thursday 06.28.2012 (Cappadocia)
- Breakfast in the Hotel
- Stop at a panaromic place over Göreme
- Göreme Open Air Museum Visit
o Apple Church (Byzantine 12th C AD)
o St. Barbara Church (Byzantine 11th C AD)
o St. Oniprius Church (Byzantine 12th C AD)
o Church with the Sandals (Byzantine 11th C AD)
o Buckled church (Byzantine 11th and 12th C AD)
- Short hike in Çavuşin
- Included Lunch Pottery (Çömlek) Kebab in Seyyah Han Restaurant in Göreme)
- Pottery in Asia Minor(Learning&Discovery Series)- Ömürlü Pottery
- Valley of Lovers Visit
- Optional Tour : Whirling Dervishes in Saruhan
- Dinner at the Hotel
Overnight at Karlıkevi Hotel, Uçhisar