For information click here!
here) came along.
Şirince, a beautiful hilltop Ottoman town near Selçuk and Ephesus . We walked a while up the hill because Aykut knew a special place for lunch.
St John the Baptist Church in Şirince.
(I should have taken the pictures in the other order)
Selçuk, which displays incredible finds from the ancient city.
Marcus Aurelius 2nd century A.D.
Eros on the Dolphin
also 2nd century A.D.
5th century B.C.
I love the slick lines.
numerous of these glass beads are found in the prehistoric excavations in Anatolia. Now they are being made in Gorece and Kamelpasa in the Aegean basin. Especially tourists love them.
The museum also has a resident stork.
Dinner with sun-set again.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
From Aykut's CD:
Day 5 Tuesday 06.19.2012 (Kusadası)
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Ephesus Ancient City Visit (Peak Period 2nd C AD) (Grand Circle Foundation Site)
- Sirince Village Visit (Not in the Program. Learning & Discovery)
- Lunch in a Local Restaurant
- Village Walk
- Ephesus Museum Visit
- Port talk about the following day’s Program
- Dinner at the Hotel
Overnight at Charisma Hotel, Kuşadası