The big house is what we started calling "the cold house", the recreation place with the WiFi.
The Hall Walk
Here is another link to it! With a map!
Dave drove us to Fowey and we parked in the parking lot of the Bodinnick Ferry. Have to pay and display (!) the parking fee.
The view across the estuary to Fowey.
It was picture postcard weather!!!
Every so often there was a monument or some other info.
The Parish Church of St Wyllow, Lanteglos-by-Fowey is probably best known as the church where the writer Daphne du Maurier was married in 1932. Renamed 'Lanoc Church', it features in her first novel, The Loving Spirit.
The building dates mostly from the late 14th century and underwent major restoration at the beginning of the 20th century. The porch dates from the 16th century, though the masonry of the main doorway and some other features, including parts of the tower, date from Norman times.
Inside you can see a royal plaque, presented to the parish by Charles II in 1668 in appreciation of its loyalty during the Civil War. There is also an octagonal Norman font carved from Pentewan stone.
AND a sandwich.
The Cheesewring Hotel in Minions.