Monday, June 8, 2015

The End of May

After Nashville trying to catch up with things in Richmond. For Friday I had signed up (and paid) for a bus trip to a quilt show in Chantilly VA. Since that was quite a while ago I might have forgotten about it but the organizers had sent an email. Need to take better care of my calendar! It was a great event. You can find my blog about it HERE!

Saturday May 30

These days you have to go early in the morning if you want to have a nice (heart rate-raising) walk ... starting at 8 or before.


Later we met Sarah, Wade and Caleb at the Forest Hill Farmers Market. 


Should we admit that we came mainly because of the sourdough donuts? Two long lines. Word must have gotten around I guess.  They even have a second trailer now.









Afterwards we met at the garden center again. Guess what? There was a puddle!


In the evening James and I ventured over the river again. There was a free concert at the Pocahontas State Park. We always like to hear the Richmond Symphony. We took our lawn-chairs and had a great time. Especially weather-wise it was a perfect evening. 
VIDEO




Few days later I regretted my remarks about having to go for a walk very very early in the morning because it was getting hot. We had rain rain rain and cold cold cold weather. Oh well ...














2 comments:

Kim S. said...

Those doughnuts are amazing! Did you know that they have a trailer parked at the Westbury Pharmacy every Monday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m? I loved the pictures of everyone enjoying them.

Christa said...

I had heard about it but purposely ignored it. I am not listening (fingers in my ears) lalalslala. Can't afford to have those too often. Too much too-good food already.