Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Things are happening

Back home in Virginia. Big surprise. My amaryllis are doing great. The biggest is in full bloom. The two on the mantel nicely staggered with the promise of several weeks continues beauty.




Of course the refrigerator is empty when we just arrived but we had brought back a cauliflower and some cooked chicken. There was also a lonely sweet potato in the bottom drawer. The cauliflower and sweet potato steamed and the chicken heated in some Indian cooking sauce out of a jar off the pantry shelf made for a most delicious quick dinner. Need to remember this!




Next day: surprise! A winter storm. 





With the result that Sarah had no power. No electricity - no warming the house - no warming the twins milk - no pumping for breastmilk etc etc. Actually, Caleb asked his Mommy why she was sitting in the car in the garage early in the morning. Well, there was some power so she could do some pumping.

So of course she (they) came for a visit.





Lunchtime. We sent Papa to the store to buy some baby cereal. Their first food other then Mommy milk. There is of course the issue with the tongue and swallowing, but it went quite well.





Couple of days later I spent a night at Sarah's because Wade was out of town for the night. Sarah laughed and took this picture saying "the pleasures of trying to take care of three at the same time". I admit I was a bit frazzled.




Next morning (Friday) we dropped the twins off at the day care. While Caleb and I waited in the car, we had fun. VIDEO
Then Sarah treated us to a donut (Caleb's favorite) before picking up cupcakes for his school's St Patrick celebration.




Papa and I traded. He went to the swimming lesson and took pictures. 



Saturday was a good day again for a walk. It felt so good. We went to Meadow Farm again. Love the trails through the forest. Came across these bits of a cut-up stump of a dead tree. So unique. I like these photos.





The trail ended again at the farm. We were busy watching a groundhog. You can just see it in the middle of the picture before the house.


The donkey sneaked up on me and looked over my shoulder. He liked to be scratched on his nose.




There was a guide and we had a tour of the house. I think his name was Andy and he was very knowledgable. It was most interesting and fun.



Lace! I asked for permission to go closer (which I got) but it was machine made.



Every day the amaryllis change. One flower is over, a new bud opened. Just beautiful!


One flower stalk got too heavy and fell over. I cut it off. In Germany you can put amaryllis in flower arrangements all the time at open air market stands. It continues to do well.


And look what I found on Facebook. Sarah said her little guy is surprising her:


One week later Sarah needs our help again. James has an appointment but I can take Caleb to the swimming. He is making great progress. He is getting much more confident. 
Look at those (very short) VIDEOS:





Soon SOON it is spring!

In-between the above activities I did a lot of sewing. Walking if the weather was nice. Sewing when not. Check out my blogs about it on "Love of Threads" or the tab above.

And very important!!!
The date for the twins' baptism is set at Christ the Redeemer Episcopal Church in Midlothian for the Easter Eve Vigil April 15 at 5 pm. It's only half a mile from where they live.

James managed to find flights kind of last minute for Helen and William. They arrive Friday midday but have to leave Sunday after lunch. Still, it will be a great weekend. Grateful!





2 comments:

Kim S. said...

I haven’t seen the twins in a while and they have changed SO much. You can’t mistake one of them for the other, either. They are becoming THEMSELVES and not just twins!

LOVED the picture of you with the three boys and Schatzi! Where was the cat? Haha!

And I’m so glad that you will have your family all together for the baptism!

Christa said...

Yes, the cat sometimes feels a bit neglected, poor Edy (Needy Edy). You write wonderful comments. I just blog so I get your comments : )