Monday, August 21, 2017

OMG I am behind

It's not that I am not sorting out. I am motivated! It's just taking the picture and posting it. 







Handbags I am not using, my favorite sandals which suddenly felt very strange (story later), tapes we can't watch any more, and did I keep the box because I thought I might give that (Cadillac) steam iron up? No way. 

You can see that I made it a little easier on me to keep my promise. I put the numbers on scrap paper (in the photos) and now know how far I got. I might have to continue this when we come back from our trip. I have so SOOOOO much to do right now. I think I would be ok with that. A friend told me that one year she made a New Year's resolution to declutter one item every day for the whole year which could be 10 items one day counting for 10 days. I think that would be good too. 

The sandal story: I call them my hiking sandals. I am not sleeping in them but otherwise they are used a lot. Recently I went for a walk in the neighborhood and thought that my heels were not doing right. Back home I decided to look at the soles. OMG. Totally run down one side. No wonder I was walking slanted. Since James is always happy to go shopping at REI we went immediately thinking we might have to order them hoping there would be enough time before the trip. My lucky day. I should have bought a Power Ball ticket then. Not only did they have my size in the identical sandal and color but they were also on sale. How often does that happen?

Now off to keep working!


No comments: