Friday, December 15, 2017

Not even Winter yet

Every year the Glen Allen High School Choir comes to CR in the lunch hour. Friday Dec 8 was the day this year. I love that little concert. Nice seeing the young people doing so well and it gets us into the holiday spirit. Here just a little sample.
VIDEO 1   (1:15)
VIDEO 2   (2:46)

Yo yo weather. In the afternoon it started snowing ... quite heavenly. James and I were supposed to babysit all three because Wade's company had the Christmas party. But Sarah called and told us not to come. She decided that she was not going. Wade told us next day that the usually about 30 minute drive took him 1 hour and 45 minutes. I hate it when weather changes my plans.

Our lonely geranium (the last one from this summer) is still looking good.


The camelia too has lovely blossoms.


Later that evening!



My Advent star is up and makes me happy when I look at it.


Saturday morning ... news about power outages and traffic crashes is not nice. Sarah had to work Saturday and Sunday but she always reported when she had arrived safely. James and I are not going anywhere. But had looked forward to playing a little with the boys.




Sunday morning ... church time. The roads are dry now. I had driven but James thought parking under these heavily laden branches was not a good idea and moved the car on the church parking lot. He was right. It was so pretty.



Coming home again I took this VIDEO on our street. Several neighbors had tree damage, a shame. My pansies don't seem to mind.


Sarah had called that we should come to dinner. I had cooked stew, mashed potatoes and stuffed peppers and we said we would bring that since Sarah had to work that weekend so they might have some "leftovers" in the fridge or freezer.

James and I arrived shortly after she did. Unfortunately she was not in a good shape for the rest of the evening. She must have caught the 24 hour stomach flue. Not much we could do for her except that it was easier for Wade to run out to get drinks for her and we could play with the children, feed the twins etc. Owen actually took some steps. He still thinks that crawling is much faster. The three were a lot of fun.





Nashville didn't seem to have received any snow. Good for Helen. She is so busy in her resolve to organize herself and their house while Ben has much work with his mother's house. They are making great progress though.


No comments: