Sunday, January 21, 2018

Flower Power in Winter

You can find simple pleasures in lots of things. I have 5 glass containers going with amaryllis. Four are from last year and one is new. In addition I have a Christmas gift of the white pot with paper whites. The paper whites have three buds and each amaryllis has at least one bud coming up. Of course in the beginning there were none and everyday we would look and see whether there was something happening. It is a lot of fun. We both enjoy it.



The left orchid is making blossoms too. Purple. The right orchid is what I call my mother's because she used to have one like it which was always covered with flowers. So far I can see finally one developing (after a couple of years past the initial flowers). Yes, it's fun. You learn patience.


Monday was MLK day and day care was closed. Sarah arranged her shift accordingly and we helped out in the afternoon when she went to work. You have to look at this VIDEO!   (1:52) Three is a handful but they are fun.



Saturday January 20 - Richmond Forum tonight. Glenn Close give an excellent, interesting and funny speech. Q and A afterwards were good too.


James is trying to stop our mail. Of course since our politicians are making a mess and the budget did not get approved, he got this:


The funny part (or not so funny) is this ... I asked him to take a screen photo. I could hear it click but the photo was nowhere to be found. They usually end up on the desktop. He rebooted and saw it for a moment. When he clicked on it he got the message that he was not authorized to open it. And then it was gone. How about that?
So we took a photo with my camera.

1 comment:

Kim S. said...

As you can see, I’m trying my best to catch up as my crazy life allows! The video is wonderful. It was so nice to see all three boys at church on Easter. Wish I’d gotten a chance to visit with them, but I was teller and it was a HUGE job that day. The twins are SO different from each other and Caleb is a wonderful big brother.