Friday, September 1, 2017

Before the trip ...

OMG time passed so quickly. Lots of things needed to be done. Catch-up and preparing. End of the month is always busy for me because I am working on next month's church newsletter St. Martin's Cloak . Click on it if you want to take a look. We love our church and I am always happy when I feel I did it justice. 

Before leaving I also finished the raffle item I had promised the church ladies and brought it to the monthly meeting. It's (again) an adventcalendar. Here are two photos. 





James' sister Jane did all the cross-stitching for which I am very thankful. 


James was busy too. He is the HOA president of our section of CrossRidge. The by-laws need to be changed and there is a lot involved. He did a lot of organizing that things wouldn't come to a standstill while we are gone. 

And if you are wondering, we didn't abandon decluttering. We just couldn't keep up with documenting in. These were already in the trash when I said "oh wait wait". So, we feel good about our efforts. 



But it wasn't all work and no play. A few times we saw the children. Sarah had a day off, kept Caleb out of "school" and came to swim ( = the day I lost my Fitbit, sigh)



Sunday Aug 20
Helped out with the twins. Sarah was working and Wade wanted to take Caleb to play putt-putt. Caleb was soooooo excited which makes it so much fun. 





VIDEO some other day. 

Saturday 26 we met at the farmer's market. There they come!



It is quite a big one but I had never seen that many stalls and that many people there. Fun. But the real reason why we sometimes go? A special treat especially for Caleb: Mrs Yoder's donuts. We stood in line for probably an hour. But it is a social event. You talk to the people in front of you and behind you etc. 

And finally ... they are so fresh that you have to have some patience because they are too hot. 



We did get some healthy veggies too, though. I try to find Padron peppers. First I found chichitas which the lady said were very similar. They were ok. But I also found padrons and they just are the best. James and I enjoyed them. With the second batch the second evening I had learned to wash them hours before putting them in the pan. 





Aug 31 - Quick trip over the river in the evening to say good bye (and drop off some food which would spoil like eggs and bananas).







Oh yes, a couple videos. 











This was a lot of Caleb, Colin and Owen but of course we miss William and family too. I still write my weekly letter to William which can be a challenge to think what he might be interested in.

A grasshopper who landed on our patio table at lunchtime?



Some pawpaw fruit Papa had found on a hike?



But I really like it when Helen has time to do FaceTime with us. These are from a few days back. William had to tell me about his dinosaur of course. 





Don't know what happened to the screenshots I took during "good-bye" FaceTime with my other iPad. Never showed up here. Oh well. Sigh. 

Time to pack!!!

1 comment:

Kim S. said...

I adore that quilt! I wanna talk Mike into buy ALL the raffle tickets – money goes to a good cause and I get what I want. Win-win! LOL!

Loved the videos of the twins and I can’t believe that they are almost WALKING!!! Da da da da da.