Thursday, October 10, 2019

The rest of August

What can I say ... life happens. No blogs for a while. But since I write the blogs really for me as a kind of journal I want to have these photos as mementos too.

I think this is a really cool photo. We can see the front door from the living room. Left and right are very narrow little windows (may be 6 inches wide). One day I saw "Freddie the Frog" was back. This is through the glass from the inside. Who thought a phone could take photos like this?


And from the outside.


This summer was (besides hot hot hot) very dry. But here we had a downpour that we even had a river at the bottom of the garden. Wow.


Sarah's kids love to be outside. Even when it is a hot day, got to do something. On August 17 we took them to a park close to their house on the river. In the shady woods it's quite nice. The trail went over a wooden bridge. The creek had to be investigated. These boys are quite different from the two girls I had "way back when".



And yeah, there was a playground too. In the middle of the woods.




We are retired but ... there seems to be a lot going on. No time to be bored. I had missed a lot of meetings with my "quilting friends"  so I invited for a sewing day at our house. It happened to be Marsha's birthday. She is a very conscientious eater so I thought she might not like a cupcake anyway. Ha-ha, she really enjoyed her kiwi and ate the other half too.


Quite often you plan to do something (go to an exhibition or so) and before you know it you missed it. On August 20 we suddenly realized not much time until this exhibition is closing. 


Visiting Pompeii in Italy is on my bucket list so this exhibition was a must. It was very interesting and well done. Here only a few things.


This is an oil lamp only a few inches in size from the second half of the 1st century. 




While we were in Nashville (8/24-9/2) Sarah and co were at the Beach with Wade's family. She sent these lovely photos. She is very good with that.



William starts summer vacation much earlier in TN than VA does. That means he also is back in school much earlier. Here he is with his teacher. 


And there was another month gone.

No comments: