Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Haircut ... yes, yes, yes

Ugh, one hot day (in the eighties) and it was obvious that the amount of hair on my head was uncomfortable. My last haircut was 2 months and 10 days ago. Way overdue! I had been jealous of James getting his haircut two week ago and was sorry I had not jumped to the chance to get mine. Report in a previous blog.

Daughter Sarah volunteered to cut it.Yeah! I promise we tried the social distancing very hard.

The "before" photo doesn't really show the mass there was.



All three children are hands-on people. They want to do and try EVERYTHING. We said no, no, no to cutting Omi's hair but Sarah had a job for him. He could make my hair wet. Oh yes, you can imagine how much fun he had with that. 



Sarah did an incredible good job. She might have to do it from now on. I "paid" with 6 masks for the children. She had asked a few days ago because you never know whether she has to take them somewhere in kind of an emergency. The masks are not in their final stage yet because I didn't have yet what I needed from the internet. But usable. After this blog I will write a "how-to" on my "lace and quilt blog" because I had to do a lot of research for the pattern and (I think) improved on it.


Wade had smoked ribs for dinner and a little bonfire had been started in the fire pit. 



Everybody had a good time. The children were actually pretty good in keeping distance. 



Caleb and I admired the flowers from their huge tree. There were hundreds on the floor.


And then he went all the way around the house to bring me a rose blossom. How is that new hair cut? I am so happy.


What else to report? I am mad with that baby rabbit which I saw a couple of times in the yard. I am sure that is who did this!!! Ate everything off my beautiful stand of lilies with lots of buds. Ugh.


Only this single one was left. I probably should go and check whether it is still there now.


This one was laying around not even eaten. Just like people who take too much food at a buffet. Sigh. May be it will do well in the glass and flower after all.


What else is there to report? We did a lot of gardening, well, planting the containers. Don't worry. It was a purchase in the outdoors. 
I had some really ugly square planters in the back. They used to be white but over the years had discolored. For about $5 we bought a spray paint when we needed something else anyway and now they are "hammered bronze". They are so much nicer then the smaller black square ones which looked so "plastic". More plants are needed though for them.


Ha-ha, did you get the message from the Librarian (photo in the last blog)? 
My friend Irma figured it out too and sent me this in an email (I filled in the red):

"The English patient had caught it on the beach.  I should have stayed home she said.  Now she was in quarantine in the dark. House of splendid isolation. Still hope springs eternal with a little bit of luck (common sense) and personal hygiene the (corona book of horror stories) must end soon.  Always remember clean hands save lives and when in (doubt) don’t go out."

Irma also had said to me on the telephone "it's much better to be 6 feet apart than 6 feet under".

So, here are a few more things which I found funny. The first one is so fitting to this blog. Lots of my friends talked about "the hair situation".


Last week we had a really HOT day with windows and doors open and today we had to turn the heating on again.



Hope you can stay home and stay healthy too.

No comments: