Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Cruise Day 10 and the return home

Friday March 4

Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

* * * * *

Our last day on this cruise. I must have been all "photo-ed out". Hardly took any. We enjoyed a lazy day. We did do our walking. James as always had no problem reaching his goal. I failed to pay attention and only saw next day that my step count ended 9,926. Really? 74 steps short?

We played cards, spent time on our balcony, gave some thoughts to packing. I almost forgot the 2pm appointment of picking up my "art class creation". I was a bit late and most things had been picked up. Mine is the blue on on the left. I was sorry that I didn't see the others but I had a nice chat with Andre the artist. I must say that I had enjoyed this project more then I thought I would. He was so encouraging and excited about what we all did. Now to get that glass plate home in one piece.


To be honest I can't really remember what all we did. But we did decide that we might want to try one of those specialty restaurants for dinner again. 
Instead of French like last night we choose Asian. It was very posh. They even came to the table with a lovely wooden box asking which pair of chopsticks we wanted explaining which were easier and which ones the most difficult, the stainless steel Korean. James knew them well. 

This time I braved to take photos at least of the desserts so I could remember. Mine was something like a 'Windbeutel' (cream puff) and the waitress paired it with chili ice cream (?). I didn't taste much chili though.


I liked the way how James' was decorated with a slice of somewhat dried slice of apple.


The show at 9:15pm was another high-light. 
First the guitarist Greg Rodman (click on the link and then on videos) and then the pianist Michael Kaye 
(and ... already home again ... I have fun googling and listening to them again).


I was a bit in a panic because the suitcases were supposed to be outside the door at 10 pm but the show went longer which was great but no problem. Got everything finished quickly.

Afterwards we strolled a bit around, went upstairs to Horizons for more music etc etc.



* * * * *

Saturday March 5


Miami     -      disembark 8 am


* * * * *


Several days ago we had to fill out a disembarkation form and opted for 8:30am. Suitecases had to be outside the stateroom door at 10pm the night before. So we didn't have much to gather any more and vacated the room soon to give the staff as much time to get ready for the next guests.

All the staff, everybody, was just so nice, happy, friendly, helpful, you name it. So we gathered the "hand-lagguage" and went up to deck 12 to have breakfast. 



This time we actually went inside very soon because it was not the friendliest early morning.


Last slice of that incredible bread I liked every morning with bitter orange marmelade. You had to be careful though. The little apricot jam jar looked exactly the same.


Disembarkation was very well organized and we had our 3 suitcases soon. I had the sticker the car- parking-people had given us in the beginning, called the number and the bus was soon there to pick us up. Retrieving the car was easy too and we found a gas station soon too. That had been on my mind with a little bit of worry.


And off we went. Lunch break at Wendy's for a taco salad. It was pretty empty so we ate inside. From my seat I could see those white  birds between the cars ... and on top of one too.




We spent the night in a hotel close to the highway I-95. The ususal breakfast after 2 hours of driving at a McD's. And a Wendy's salad again later for lunch.


We were home in good time Sunday afternoon and then the unpacking, sorting, washing etc etc started. Happy dance: the plate survived the travel.


And this greeted us when we arrived home.


 And now we have new memories to enjoy. We are so blessed.


No comments: