Friday, May 13, 2022

Trying to catch up

My last blog was on ... ? ...  March 29!

Oh my. No blog for a month and a half. I don't know HOW that happened but somehow James and I always seem to be very busy. 

Trying to catch up is not really possible but here are some tit-bits: 

We had very interesting lectures at the Richmond Forum, very nice performances at the Virginia Opera, to both we have subscriptions. 

Lent and Easter were especially meaningful to us this year. We remembered the Ceder Meal at the Lutheran church in Kentucky about 40 years ago and I researched Christian Ceder Meal. I was able to get in contact with Pastor Will from that time who was so nice to mail his old manuscript to me. Ha-ha, when I had contacted him and asked whether he happened to have the manuscript still in his computer he laughed and said "Christa, that was before computers!" With his manuscript and research I was able to make a booklet for us which we used in a private Ceder Meal with some friends on Palm Sunday evening. I was as moved again as I was all those years ago (and had not forgotten) and so were all our guests. We decided that this will be an annual event from now on. 



Since the beginning of the year I am the organizer of the church ladies group (don't like to say President of the ECW). We had decided to have monthly breakfast meetings on the second Saturday but started with two zoom meetings, then had one breakfast invitation to our house and one at the Parish Hall. I try to think of a program each month and so far it has been fun (I think). Last month we worked on blankets for cancer patience. It was a really nice meeting.


Ready prepped for the meeting.



Other "church activities": I think I already mentioned that I took up being editor of the church monthly newsletter again. Nobody else came forward when I "retired" for the first time and I thought the newsletter was especially important in these pandemic times. The latest one (lots of Holy Week and Easter activities) had 21 pages. If you are interested in how we handle the situation ... HERE is the link!

Of course there are lots of times when we are children-related-busy. I try to write a letter each week to William. It started when he entered first grade because he is a very good reader. Sometimes we take care of the three here as nanny-substitures. We feel very lucky with all four and their parents.

Sarah is a very good organizer and has terrific friends. She organized a glass blowing workshop for her friends and asked me to join them. That was a lot of fun. We each made a drinking glass. I think I like mine better as a vase, ha-ha.





We try to get at least 10,000 steps everyday. It is a bit weather dependent but we are not very picky. Our neighborhood is very good for walking and should it rain it is not far. There is always something to see. When we stepped out of the front door we saw this next to our little wall:



And this is our 'sweet william' blooming at its best just in time for William's birthday tomorrow. 



No comments: