Monday, November 20, 2017

I did it again

Yes, time flew again. I have already told James that I might be involved in too much. So much to do, so little time.

I did manage to update the Israel blogs though and even wrote a "summary" about our Israel trip. To keep it in the right order I did backdate it and here is a LINK! in case you didn't see it.

November started off with still lovely warm weather. We went for walks (at least in the neighborhood) as often as we could.


Nov. 5 the Bishop came for his visit. The children played a song with the children's bells.

 

That day James also had to change all our clocks (those who don't do it automatically) to winter time. I think there are 8 who need it. What a bother. It's the master of the house's job, ha-ha.


It also got colder and walking was not quite as much fun. But I do love the colors.


In the effort of getting our house uncluttered we decided to start by putting things we can't take care of or need at the moment into a climate controlled locker. We had taken several doors off in our house and certainly have to keep them. People after us might like the doors where they used to be. We also want to take some screens out of windows we never open. Good place for them not to get broken. Where else do you keep things like that?

This was our first day start. The utility room and my queendom look already much better. But much more effort needs to be done on my part. Sigh.



Yup, working on things for the church bazaar. Sigh again. I would be much better off if I didn't like to create things that much. Somebody bought all the angels to give as gifts.



Friday November 10 - I had volunteered James to help the ladies to set up all the vendor tables for next day's Holiday Market. I had volunteered to be in charge of our own crafts. James and I went back in the evening to set that part up. I had not felt like doing it when everything else was going on but was quite happy with what we had done later. My patient James is so helpful.


Saturday - We didn't seem to have as many customers this year than before. Who knows why. But we still sold quite a lot. And leftovers were also offered Sunday morning.


Kim in charge of the church's bake sale. I had also baked and brought things (just another 5-minute job the day before) like others did but Kim is the best baker of all.


Ladies minding the raffle sale near the entrance. You can see the making of the Advent calendar HERE!


Sarah had to work that weekend. So Papa went to join Wade and the three children in the morning. He brought Caleb back to spend the night with us. I was a bit tired from the bazaar but the little guy is a lot of fun too.


We made spiders for dinner with spaghettis and hotdogs. 


He loves going to church with us. He went with the children to the front for the children's sermon and even said something through the microphone when asked.


After church we brought him home and then went back to the church to pack up all the craft leftovers.


Friday afternoon in the following week (11/17) we got everything out again. Like last year I had reserved a table for the church leftovers at the CR Bazaar. We had trouble to display everything but we did sell enough to declare it a success and are happy.


I had taken the leftover green wreath and had pulled the red silk flowers off. I used it to display the samples of the 9 years of Christmons at St. Martin's. I had started in 2008 to give a different Christian symbol ornament to each child in our congregation. I am heavily working on the one for this year. I am unfortunately way behind with my efforts. But doesn't it look nice. I suggested that we use this wreath each year to display the samples at church.


The day before (on Thursday 11/16) James wanted to drive to Colonial Heights to "look" at a new car. I had persuaded him for a while to get a better model. There was really nothing wrong with the one he had but the newer models have so many more safety features. At our age ... why not? And when you seem to get a good deal ... It's a good thing.


Family tradition: you have to go out for Chinese food afterwards. Can you see the sign in the above photo? Peter Chang!
We have done it ever since the girls were little and our Chongs in Reidland was just around the corner. We only once didn't do it and promptly somebody drove into us very soon.



And then there was Caleb's birthday. But about that in the next blog. I better get back to making more Chrismons right now.





1 comment:

Kim S. said...

Thank you for the compliment, my friend! I was so sad not to win the advent quilt this year. It is the best I’ve ever seen. I should’ve bought more tickets! Ha!