Saturday, September 29, 2018

And off we go to Panama City

Friday Sept.28

Time to (re-)pack the suitcases. Plenty of time until we plan to leave the townhouse. Helen comes, we have time for a coffee and then she brings us to the airport which is less then 15 minutes away. Thank you, sweet Helen.

Everything goes easily and fast. I have time to go to the bookstore. Look what I found! It’s on the church book club list. I know because I just finished publishing the latest monthly newsletter. I might have to go to that meeting.


The flight to Atlanta took only about 30 minutes. After all those gray, cloudy, rainy days I am so thankful for this sunny day with a great view. Percy Priest Lake. I could see the dam clearly.


We had a very long layover in Atlanta but no problem. This is vacation. First we look for lunch. We are trying to stay on the healthier side and looking for a nicer restaurant. We are enjoying ourselves. The food is really nice.






Finally we go to our gate. There is different artwork at every gate. Of course I am interested in the quilt section. What makes these art? I also like the large cut-outs.







The next flight is nearly 4 hours and we get a snack. Our legroom is ok since we splurged a little and bought “a few more inches”. So worth it. James had also booked our seats with the third in the middle of us hoping it would stay empty if the flight wasn’t full. He was right. Well done.


Not much to see on a late evening flight but I am fascinated with the clouds. Just one more photo ... and one more ... ha-ha.





A long walk from the plane which actually always feels good but then immigration, luggage, all went quickly. We had pre-ordered a taxi to the hotel and the driver stood waiting with a sign with our name. When we stepped out of the airport our glasses fogged up and we laughed. When we came closer to the city we saw huge skyscrapers. But our hotel is in the old city part. We are in our room just after midnight. James is adjusting the air conditioning-we don’t want to freeze!


Night night.

1 comment:

Kim S. said...

When I read your blog, I feel like a world traveler! Thank you!