Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Birthday time

2nd Day of Christmas.
Yes, the great 7 0  ~  Yes, I turned seventy. And I don't feel a bit different then the day before.
The weather was perfect. Sunny! A bit crisp but one can bundle up.
James always wants to know what I would like to do. I would like to take a little walk. We decided on Echo Lake. Really close.

Almost didn't see the fella.





Yes, a selfie.


We decided to go out for lunch. I had been at Travinia with friends at the beginning of December and thought James would like it too. Willow Lawn location was convenient since I wanted to pop into JoAnn afterwards for some sample color swatches. 

We splurged. Crab cakes as appetizers. A local beer for James, a chianti for me.




A second chianti glass later James decided that we should also share a dessert. 



Wow, we spent a lot of time in this place. We had a lot of fun. Talk talk talk. 

At home we put the last touches on the rearranged guest room. And we finally got night stands. Helen and William are coming tomorrow. Something we were looking forward too. And Caleb keeps asking WHEN he was going to see his cousin.



But I can't have a birthday without thinking of my father. Vati would have turned 99 years this day.
Sure miss him.

2 comments:

Barbryco said...

Sure do miss you both!! Glad you had a terrific Birthday! Seventy isn’t so bad. Enjoying life is what it’s about.

Kim S. said...

I'm so happy you had a good day. I'm quite sure that your darling wouldn't have it any other way.