Thursday, February 7, 2019

Happy Birthday, Helen!

Thursday January 24

Also CONGRATULATIONS to me for having such a nice daughter. After all, I had something to do with that birth when it was so horribly cold in St Louis that year.

Helen's wish was to go to a Hibachi Restaurant. Of course these places are quite entertaining.




There is some waiting in-between too but Auntie called FaceTime to congratulate her sister.
Was it bath time?


Of course we told them that we were celebrating a birthday.
VIDEO!     (0:17 sec)


Next day on Friday William spent the night with us James had picked him up from school every day when we were there. He likes that. Friday's he has pizza quite often with Ben so pizza it was for supper. He picked it out himself.


Of course he likes dessert too. Extra whipped cream from the can is one of his favorites (on fruit).



Helen's wonderful friend Kim had arranged a little party for her on Sunday at 1 pm. I was the designated cake-maker. The wish was Black-forest Cherry Cake. You can see I had a helper.


Saturday
Papa and William are making plans what to do.


They dropped me off at Helen's so I could be of help to her with her projects and they went to the TN State Museum. He loved it. Papa had "orders" to take photos and took three.


They had lunch across from the museum.


Sunday
Recipe says to bake the cake a day before but assemble two hours before needed.
Note to Christa: Spray cream is not a good idea. It melts very fast. I had to "repair" at Kim's.  Well, I usually don't like to use it anyway but I had to do with the situation not being in VA. And ... nobody turned it down, ha-ha.



James took these photos with my camera. Bummer though, I have no photo of our gracious hostess. But, I suddenly remembered why this was the requested cake. Look here!  I even found the same candle.




It is one of my favorite cakes! Glad she asked for it. Happy happy Birthday, Helen!


1 comment:

Kim S. said...

Happy birthday to Helen! Gorgeous cake, by the way!