Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy Birthday, Jesus ... and Christa

Better catch up before the year is over. Yes, there were lots of challenging situations this year. But still, we are grateful for a lot of things. We are hopeful that we get through the pandemic without our family being directly effected. James is getting better every day. So do I. We could not go to church at Christmas but we could enjoy services online. Christmas Day we spent with Sarah and her family. Of course we missed Helen and William very much but it was the right decision for them not to come this time. The news on TV is so sad about the pandemic getting totally out of control again. Better safe than sorry. We will get the opportunity again to all be together!

We went as early as we could because the boys were so excited. It was fun swatching them play.


We did FaceTime with James' sister Jane in Windsor (England) which was a lot of fun. 




More playing. 


More opening of presents. 


Sarah and Wade took care of Christmas dinner which of course was delicious. And everybody had fun with the traditional crackers. Even the twins knew about them because their teacher had talked about it at their school.





Well, and then the next day ... of course one of my first thoughts is always about my father because it would have been his birthday too. Oh, the memories!

It was a very nice day. Ha-ha, if even your dentist congratulates you. 


We had a simple lunch at our house. Sarah had brought the cake and the boys were eager to help blowing out the candles. 



Thank you to all who made me feel so happy.

And on Sunday I finally felt a little better to do something special for James. I made the mince pie. His words: now it's Christmas. 


And here is another surprise. I had to look and look again. Yes, my orchid has buds. First I saw 4 but no, there are at least 7. My mother had a yellow one of this kind. You don't see this kind often for sale and when we had the opportunity once we took it. This will greatly improve my winter time.


Wishing lots of blessings to all our family and friends for the coming New Year. And yes, at this time the biggest wish is for Health. 


No comments: