Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Surprise

I actually have something to write. The big snow of 2021 (?)

Last Thursday we got a little of the 'white stuff'. I am sure many children were disappointed. Even though our three across the river where up and outside very early before school to throw some snowballs. There were even tears because Owen got one in his face. We heard this from Sarah because we have not seen them in quite a while because of the pandemic. The snow was quickly gone though.


Sunday morning was a different story. It started when we were still in bed but it came down fast. And it looked beautiful.




As soon as I could I put our biggest bowl on the picnic table. 


And then we had a nice Sunday breakfast.


Nice view from my chair.


Lately we also can enjoy that the amaryllis which had given us two beautiful flower stalks already is now working on the third. So much fun. This amaryllis always had its place on the kitchen table. 


When it stopped snowing just before lunch James measured how much snow had fallen. It was about 5 inches. 

I retrieved the bowl but had to carefully scoop a little more into it. 


I had googled on snow cream or snow ice cream. 1 can of sweetened condensed milk with some vanilla was all I needed. We had some after lunch and quite enjoyed it. It is a very light dessert. The rest filled the larger of those two containers. It will last a little in the freezer. 


Needless to say that our grandsons across the river had a wonderful day. They sledded and played all day outside. They truly are outside boys. Sarah reported that she and Wade were pooped in the evening. James and I had the pleasure of looking at Sarah's photos and videos on Facebook. Much appreciated.

And now I better post this before the snow is all gone and history. The sky is blue and the sun shining. It's dripping from the roof.



No comments: