Thursday, February 25, 2021

Happy Dance!

I am not talking about the weather. I am talking about that James and I both have now an appointment for our first vaccine shot (or 'jab' as the British call it).

Well, may be I am talking about the weather because our appointment was on February 16 between two ice storms. And it was in Blacksburg which is about a 3 1/2 hours drive (each way) and over the mountains. The vaccination is hard to come by here. But it was a very nice day. Blue sky and even some sunshine. On the way there the thermometer in the car at one point showed 52'F. 


From the little Pharmacy we could see this sculpture on the other side of the street. How appropriate at this time.


The (first) deed is done. Of course they kept us for 15 minutes to see whether we had any side effects. 


When we were leaving Blacksburg in the afternoon it was 28'F. But it was still a pretty drive. 



The sunset was gorgeous but behind me and I just could not manage to take the beautiful photo I wanted to take. Ha-ha, some things just have to be committed to memory.



Of course it was Shrove Tuesday. Normally we would go to church where there was a traditional pancake supper offered by the church youth and leaders as a fundraiser for the yearly youth mission trip. Always a nice time with friends. Because of the pandemic that is not possible.

So I assumed "dispensation" and made potato pancakes for lunch on Wednesday. Always was one of my favorite meals way back in Germany. Oh my, was it good (if I may say so myself).


We are so grateful to have received the first dose of the vaccination. What a great feeling that is. We know that we will still have to be careful, wear the masks etc, but at least I don't feel so paranoid any more.


No comments: