Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Energy is back

James and I declare: we are blessed. He is 'over the moon' because after exactly 6 month to the day after his 'Mohs surgery' he can finally leave the dressing away. The wound took all this time to heal but it looks really good now. ...... And I feel really good about my back but still are very careful (mainly when gardening) because I don't want to experience what happened on December 19 again. But I have no problem going on walks with James again and yes, I do gardening too. Thanks to the Lord!

Worship service on Sunday May 23 was the last with about 1/3 of the places roped off. At the end we were told we could take the tapes off in preparation for next Sunday. This little boy who normally sits in the pew in front of us could not wait for the time to come. He had his hand on it to be ready at the time of the last hymn.





That weekend we were also grand-dog-sitting. 


After church we went home to get Stella to drive her back to her home. How lucky it happened to be lunch time and we happened to drive right past the nice restaurant 'Toast' and they happened to have a table for us outside in the shade. Just lovely.
James had a breakfast pizza.



I had a salmon reuben with sweet potato tater tots which was a bit unusual but nice.


Have I mentioned that the position of secretary (or office administrator) is vacant? I am already the monthly newsletter editor so picking me as volunteer might have been logical. As good as I can I produce the weekly announcements and the Sunday bulletin insert. The problem: The church has a PC and I have a Mac. What might take me 10 minutes on my computer takes me hours in the office. Well, every week I get better but a lot I just like to do at home. So far I have not managed to get fired. 

Tuesday May 25 I felt like a couch potato (after too much computer time) but then James suggested to go for a walk. What a splendid idea. We felt like being on a Caribbean vacation. A warm night with a lovely warm breeze. To top it off we had a full moon, a blood moon to be exact. So nice. 



And there are always surprises! The stretch of garden past our front door (which is actually on the side) has never received much attention. There were bushes which we could not identify. They had never done anything except last year there were 2 or 3 (not kidding) flowers which looked like azaleas. Low and behold ... look what a little fertilizer can do. And we had almost ripped them out last fall.



Weather is an interesting topic right now. We had a very, very dry time lately. James had to water our flowers a lot. People had already started to complain about the heat. We had lovely lunches in the shade under the awning on the back patio.


The next day we had to find our cardigans and the water came down like from buckets. Just didn't manage to capture it in this photo. Unfortunately the Friday and Saturday were really bad. I felt for all those who had planned BBQ parties on this Memorial Day weekend. 


Sunday afternoon it was getting better. James and I did a nice neighborhood walk. The gazebo and the little park around it were appropriately decorated. 



Memorial Day Monday (May 31) a volunteer band (neighbors) were playing from 3 to 6 in the afternoon there. They were actually very good. We brought our folding chairs and refreshments. Fun!



Today Helen sent me two photos. William was cooking. Who had made the better meatballs. My guess was that William had made 'A'. 


Helen reported that he had also made "engineering salad' (?) which was really good. And she was very thankful that he cleaned up afterwards too.


A picture for William from our Garden. My salad from seeds in a planter. Already have harvested twice. The next harvest is overdue. 


And this is a begonia which was gifted to us by Mary and Cal. Happy to report it does really great.


A single lily rescued from the bed which is no more because we now have the walkway and extra gate. I stuck it into this bed not really knowing what it was. It is gorgeous but probably should be moved to a better place because it does not showits beauty properly in front of the clematis.


May just ended. Another church newsletter produced in time. Yeah! Last week was quite intense. I also learned how to upload the newsletters into the church website. I was quite nervous about it but managed and now I am in the process to post a few of the older ones too. 

My first issue was July 2015 until December 2019 when I decided that a younger person should have a go at it. Unfortunately nobody came forward. When the pandemic evolved I realized that the newsletter was really needed and started again with the November 2020 issue. I must say that I quite enjoyed doing it again. I could do with the headaches though.

Here are the links of the last issues if you are interested how our church dealt with issues during the pandemic.

November 2020     December 2020     January 2021     February 2021     March 2021   

April 2021     May 2021     June 2021

Hope you enjoy it. And that is it for now. Time to tackle the next task.


1 comment:

Happy Room Diana said...

So pleased you are both doing OK health wise. You live in a nice area for walks, we have had so much rain during May that our walking has come to an almost stop. We too have every other pew cordoned off in church to keep us safe, plus no hymn books because of Covid, I miss the singing. Hopefully things will start easing more soon. Off again on holiday next week, this time to Norfolk.