Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Did it again

 Can't believe it. Got behind again with my blogging. For being retired there is a lot going on here. Well, of course, that is not necessarily a bad thing. 

I actually did do some sewing and blogging about it. I even wrote a tutotial for something and included a video. I agree it is quite amateurish but so what. It might help somebody. If you want to see click the "My lace and quilt blog" tab on top. It was a lot of fun. But then that came to a screeching stop again. Always something going on. 

So, what to report?

Grandson William in Nashville had gone to a week of away-camp in NC called Lutheridge. Not last year (because of the pandemic) but the year before he had a week there also. It is well organized that you can send "bunk letters". You compose them on their website and they print them out in the morning and give them to the camper. You can even include a photo. I took this of his cousins wishing him a good time.


Once in a while we help out if the nanny is not available. The twins were out of day care school for the summer earlier than their older brother so James and I spent Monday the 14. June with them. We had to talk them into the walk but it was nice.


That day all they wanted to do is build with Legos in the basement. They are really quite good.


In the evening James and I "chilled" on the back porch. Yes, as nice as the grandchildren are we need some relaxation. They are sweet ... but lively.


These are "old" photos from June 16 considering that I am blogging today on June 29. But those 4 different hydrangeas are the best this year and are giving us a lot of happiness. And this is only the beginning.





And this experiment definately has worked out. Don't know what made me do it. Last year at the end of summer when I pulled up the annuals I could not throw the geraniums away. I just shook all the dirt off the roots and put them into an old plastic bag in the garage. This spring I put them in fresh dirt and they came back to life.


These are also photos taken for William. In one weekly letter I explained that my two zucchini plants have lots of male flowers but not female. So far I have only one zucchini growing.



And then one day when we were sitting on the back porch (I think playing cards) this is what we saw. That huge bird (a hawk?) was sitting there for quite a while. The best I could do with my phone camera.


June 18: evidence of our rhubarb harvest. 


It didn't take long to turn the rhubarb into a delicious dessert. This was our sixth portion each since we could harvest from it.


Yeah, the zucchini on the 20th of June.


That was the weekend we had Stella visiting. She approved of the front porch. Nice cuppa (of tea).




Oh yes, the hydrangeas are getting better and better. Most of the time I like a single flower in a narrow glass vase. Got carried away this time.


Wishing you all a great summer! I love it warm.


1 comment:

Happy Room Diana said...

Love your garden tour. I also make my blocks linked together and add leaders and Enders to make ‘another’ quilt rather than odd bits of fabric. Enjoy your rhubarb and courgette.