Thursday, July 15, 2021

William visit Day 11

Wednesday ... already? Another 'full' day. 

I am always very sorry when I have to wake William especially when I know he had trouble falling asleep. But I must say that he is very good about it. We have to leave before 9 am to be at the VBS in time. James came with us to retrieve his car which Sarah and Wade had needed to borrow one more time because of their car trouble. I had an errand to do too and then spent the time at their house until I could pick William up at 12:30 pm. 

At 4 pm we were back to meet Sarah and the children.  We went to Kroger to spend the $58 collected at the Lemonade Stand Fundraiser (see previous blogs). Kroger had a sale and that money bought 24 boxes of cereal. I  happened to have a little cash in my jeans pocket and that made it a total of 30 boxes to bring to the church.


In the car Sarah had worked out with the boys that each of them could spend about $11 for the cereal for homeless people. They were excited and eager.




At the cash register they had even more fun piling up all the boxes.









And here is a VIDEO   (0:32 minutes)
I have to give credit to a lot of these photos and videos to Sarah.

Unloading at the church. 



Sarah tried to take a group photo. OMG, good luck. We had 4 of the boys straight when the 5th one lost his boxes. 




But finally everything was taken care off.


When William and I were driving back home James informed us that he just saw that one of the butterflies had hatched. It had trouble climbing up the slick container walls. I helped him and put him (or her?) on the food. No interest. 




The butterfly didn't seem to be interested in the food I had provided. We decided to let it free. After all that it had been the whole effort to save the caterpillars/butterflies. Such a gorgeous creature. It made be happy!
VIDEO    (0:34 minutes)




Oh, yes. After dinner William asked to play the game. The white tray is his card holder. Especially in the last round with 13 cards it is difficult to hold them all orderly and efficiently. 


Some more interesting historic/science TV and William declared it a good day. Night night.


No comments: