Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Catch up

Retired and too much to do! Well, at least we will never complain to be bored. My computers capacity is overloaded and blogging takes much longer than it has ever taken. I will try to catch up with some things.

November 8 James and I arranged to get our boosters. Yes, as soon as we were eligible. It made us very happy and thankful. You also have to be full of admiration for how far the health services has already come.



November is when the weather yo-yos. I think it was a very colorful autumn. And how can it be better when the sun is shining and the sky is this bright blue. We took these photos just walking in our community.





This huge praying mantis was laying on the patio floor. It had been a cold night. You can see I had a warm jacket on. I helped her onto a plant. Amazing creatures.




A week later we were having lunch on our patio again. Lovely.


On one of our walks I took this photo for our weekly letter to William. And I wrote this story with it:

"You know that Papa and I try to walk every day to stay healthy. A few days ago I took this photo to remind me. When we lived in Paducah, KY, our house was on a lot with lots of pine trees so in fall we had to rake a lot of pine needles. The city provided huge clear trash bags to fill and put at the curb and they would pick them up. But some people like the needles as mulch for their flower beds. Sometimes somebody would ask whether they could have some. Of course. No problem. Sometimes people would just “steal” them without asking. Well, what they did not know is that we had a dog who would poop in the fenced back yard. Those bags we put in one place and the “clean” bags from the front yard in another place. I am sure they didn’t like what they took without asking when they could smell it at home. 

I think there is a lesson for life here. What do you think?"


November 20 and I am taking delight in taking photos of flowers in our garden. Our efforts to plant camelias are being rewarded. 




No doubt about it. So much is different in our lives now. But you still can find a lot of joy if you look for it. We are counting our blessings every day. We hope you feel blessed too.


No comments: