Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Going to be a Monday Report

My intentions of Thursday Reports didn't work. Obviously somehow I can not manage my time. Sigh. But I feel I got a lot done this past week.

What was very good: my knew chair came. We had given up waiting to hear from the manufacturer of the broken chair. Lost hope to get a replacement part. The person (UPS?) who delivered it was very nice and even carried the box upstairs and strongly refused to take a tip. To be honest I was a bit disappointed that it didn't come assembled since it was ordered from a department store and not amazon.


Next day, when we were in the spirit of doing it, I first unpacked all the items and checked them off the list. All tools were included and surprise, surprise, it didn't take that long.


Saturday the 21st we collected our "granddog" because "his" family had gone on vacation for a week ... where it was warm. Ah, we were sent nice photos of beaches and pools.

The weather here was not always favorable but when it was not raining and not tooooo cold James would go for a walk with Stella. I tried to go as often as possible with them.


Alsways love to see something new and exciting in the neighborhood nature.


Our friend Julie has a contract to sell her house so she wanted us to have two of her patio chairs. Just perfect for our front patio. 


As you know in winter we spend the evenings up in the loft because ... heat rises of course.


And yes, Stella approved of my new chair too. But only if I sat in it too.



But that Saturday the weather was not that nice and we didn't want to leave Stella by herself the first evening we had her (good excuse) so we decided to use our Forum season tickets for that evening online. The speaker this night was Maria Ressa who got barely on time permission from the Philippine Government to come to us for this event. Her resume is very impressive including a Nobel Peace Price. 
It was very interesting.!



We had brought Stella's bed from her house and she was very happy to use it next to our bed.


Every night she slept either there are under our bed.


Whereever we were she was right next to us.


On Tuesday we helped out at the church and then decided to have lunch at the Korean place. The owner asked "2 Japchae" instead of asking us what we wanted. He was so right. I looked up recipes for that and it looks like very easy to make. Have to try it. It has become quite expensive.



Yeah, our late winter blooming camelias have started opening their buds. We so enjoy them.




James has fun when Stella tries to go back to our house. She knows exactly the way and sometimes tries to go home too early and probably disappointed when James walks one more loop.


Papa has left the house without her. But Omi is still here.


The children asked for more photos of Stella when they were gone. Yes, Stella missed them too.



Every time when I had been gone and came back, Stella run around fast with one of my shoes. All of the ones I didn't want to get slobered on I had to put up. These shoes could handle it. And eventually she dropped it somewhere. No chance to take it from her.



We also had to watch where we were stepping. She didn't mind when I had to waddle with my feet left and right next to here. 


This Saturday we brought her back late afternoon. Sarah told me at their layover that they would be disappointed if Stella wasn't at their house when they would arrive (around midnight!).

We kept her company until 8:30 pm because Omi had to do some sewing on their sofa which Cooper the puppy had done a number on. I am rather proud that I managed that.

Bye bye Stella, until next time!




No comments: