Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Busy Times

I didn't know what else to call this blog. It's not about one major event but lots of happenings. Busy busy busy.

Monday Dec. 11 - Monthly lace meeting day.
Traditionally the December meeting is at my house and so it was this year. We don't make much lace at this meeting and nobody has to bring a sack lunch because I do like to cook. We were not as many as usually and somehow I wasn't quite as prepared as I should have been. Didn't even take a photo. But nevertheless we had fun. These are good friends.

Tuesday Dec. 12 - CR quilters meeting at 10 am.
This time not at the Pavilion but at our house. Show and tell and chat. I showed my Fröbelstern (or Moravian Star) which traditionally is made with paper strips. Before last Christmas I had figured out how to make it with fabric. I did not have enough time to prepare needed fabric strips for everybody so we used paper strips from kits my sister had mailed from Germany (THANK YOU, Ute). Everybody finished one. Details about this HERE!





Janet had brought an ornament she had made for each of us as a gift. THANK YOU, Janet.



Tuesday Dec. 12 - evening meeting of the Country School Quilters in Montpelier. It was the Christmas party with potluck and very nice. There was a challenge. Those who wanted to participate put their names into a hat and we drew the name to whom to mail a fabric postcard before the January meeting. These are the first postcards I have ever made and one is on its way. Details about this HERE! 


Thursday Dec. 14 - We babysat the twins so Sarah and Wade could take Caleb to "Disney on Ice".




In-between everything happening we also decorated the house for Christmas. It's an ongoing project. Every day it looks a little bit more like Christmas. A lot of the things are memories from our travels like this little angel which is less then 2 inches high.


New additions to my nativity collection from Israel ... bought in Nazareth, Magdala and Tabgha. On the very right the nativity from the Azores made with lava rock and glass.


The "Korrende" singers are from my father's hometown in the former East Germany. They are older then our girls.



Shopping we encountered this: Fishless Tuna?
What? (had to share)


And on the weekend from Saturday to Sunday we had Schatzi stay with us. The weather was so lovely and we went for a nice walk on Saturday.



We brought Schatzi back on Sunday. The twins surprise us with their antics every time we see them. And now they are both walking. So cute.



If they could only stay germ-free long enough from the day care.


1 comment:

Kim S. said...

I had to Google “Fishless Tuna”. Here’s what I found: ” All-natural and made from textured soy flour, this awesome tuna alternative is naturally low in calories, carbohydrates and fat, making it a healthy way to enjoy your favorite flavors and textures in a way that's both cruelty-free and good for you, too.” I don’t think I’ll be trying that!