Friday, December 8, 2017

OMG where to start?

As soon as we were home life got very busy. The very next day Wilber came and took all the kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts. They are going to be painted white. Aren't we brave?



I can't help it. If I see something like this I have to take the photo. Or two. Next door neighbor is changing his curb appeal. Could not make up my mind which photo I find more "artistic".



Ah, most days seem very nice and even though I have so much to do, I think going for a walk is a must for healthy benefits. And when the weather is so nice, you just have to. Look at the heron in our community.



Sarah is very good communicating. She texted this photo to me from the day care. Sweet guys.


And then Thursday November 30 our plans for the day were scattered. Owen had a fever in the night which means he can't go to day care and arrived at our house at 7:20 in the morning. The boy was miserable but there was no knowing what the matter was. Here are a few photos when he seemed to feel better. Most of the time he wanted to be held and we were not allowed to sit down either. James and I took turns.



He loved the stairs and couldn't get enough of crawling up.



Papa took him for a walk but didn't have to go far and he was asleep ... for long enough for us to have lunch, ha-ha.



Omi, the stairs!


Friday December 1 we decided to finally celebrate out anniversary a little. We went for lunch at the Kona Grill. It was very nice.


I was getting ready for two workshops on the weekend. Again, the weather was so nice that I thought trying to find some of the special pinecones at Maymont for next day's workshop would be a good idea. You never have to ask James twice.

No luck with the pinecones but the Mansion was open to visit. We had been often to the park but never inside the mansion so decided that day was it.





The house was of course decorated for Christmas. I was not so impressed with the dining room. The broad ribbons would have been obstacles to see the other guests.



The menu was impressive though.


The house was interesting to say the least. We walked up the stairs and there on the banister was a peacock. Well, a stuffed one.


The couple didn't have any children but one of the upper rooms was decorated for visiting children. For each child there was a ribbon. The end with the name was tied to the lamp and then the ribbons wound criss cross around the room ending with the gift. What a nice custom.



Mrs swan bed!


Yes, what an estate!



And that was a nice beginning of Advent time. It certainly helped to get into the spirit of the season.


2 comments:

Happy Room Diana said...

what a lovely day, and like you I like the ribbon/gift idea...ummm... I have plenty of ribbon!

Kim S. said...

I've never been in the house, either. Seems like Christmas time would be a good time to remedy that!