Saturday, February 3, 2018

Day 2 - at sea

Thursday February 1

This will be a lazy day ... which is good because I didn’t sleep very well. I shouldn’t have had the coffee after dinner. I was wide awake. When I finally did fall asleep I was woken up again. To have a little night light we had left the bathroom door open. The ship did some rolling to the left and right and the door banged. I put a shoe in but that didn’t do any good and I was woken a second time. Closed then.

I have already decided that I will try to be careful with the meals. Can’t (shouldn’t) do full breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks in between every day. After having had egg Benedict on a muffin with sautéed spinach and sauce hollandaise we decide to just have a salad for lunch. And that was excellent. Wow, the Fantail Roll was spicy though.



We did have some dessert though and an excellent coffee. We sat on Deck 11 in the pool area. There was a lot of wind so the roof was almost closed.



Every so often James and I would go down to Deck 6 to walk the loops. It had become a little warmer and sandals and T-shirt were good. But every time we came around that one corner the wind would blow so strong into my face that I had to gasp for air the first moment. We enjoyed our walks and got our 10,000 daily steps.

I can’t believe that I found a book in the library and read it in a day. Can’t find another one though. 

Gala dinner tonight. Some people really got fancy. We had not received the memo. It didn’t bother us. The menu seemed a bit fancier too. We had a lively conversation at the table. At the end the waiters brought a mini cake to one of our couples because they were celebrating their anniversary.





We went to the 10 pm show which was quite nice but so loud that our ears hurt. The Veendam Singers and Dancers! How come we are the only ones experiencing it like that. Luckily it lasted only about 40 minutes. It would have been quite nice if it wouldn't have been sooooo loud.

Of to bed where an elephant was waiting for us ... cutest from the back.


A nice relaxing day at sea. I thought I might find the day at sea boring. Not so!


1 comment:

Kim S. said...

You know I love all the food pictures. Smart of you all to make sure you got your steps in!