Saturday, February 17, 2018

Nashville time

Wednesday February 7
Back from our little trip into warm weather but not much left of the day.

Unpacking. Washing. Stocking up the fridge. Back to cooking after a week of just showing up at mealtimes.

I went to Helen's because she said I could help her with something. I enjoyed working with her. She kept telling me that I made a difference. What a nice feeling. In a break she showed me the two rabbits which had shown up in their backyard under the shed one day. Sometimes she feeds them.

After school William came with us to spend two nights. We watched a lot of the Olympic winter games. After all, it only happens every four years.

But he wasn't just sitting still. He participated. VIDEO!

The forecast was that nice. Rain all day. When I picked William up I asked Helen whether he had a raincoat. She said that it was in the school backpack but he didn't like it.

It had rained heavily in the night and continued. We could do white water rafting in our little creek. So much water everywhere when there is usually none.

William wants to go with Papa to the used-book-store. I talk him into wearing his rain coat. Ha-ha, we found out why he doesn't like it. See where the sleeves end?

We shop for her new one. None at Kohl's. Season already over? But Target has one. William likes it because he likes the zipper. Helen likes it because she thinks the color makes him easier to track.
Here he is in it.

They found 8, 9 and 10 of the series of the "Diary of the wimpy kid" he is reading right nowas he was "addicted" to it and Papa bought them for him. When they came back from the store he started reading 8. But he told Papa he was upset because somebody had scribbled in the book and you don't write in books. When Papa looked at it at the townhouse he could tell William that he had something very special. It was the signature of the author.

What do you do on a rainy day? How about stopping at Panera for a little refreshment? 
I think William is so cute.

He loves playing games. Lots of different ones but right now his favorite is "Connect 4". He managed even to beat Papa when Papa was careless or too fast.

Oh yes, the giant rabbit is still around and had to watch Olympic games too.

The townhouse is close to the Nashville Airport and quite often we pass it. There is this bridge where planes go over and every so often we see one but are too early or too late to take a photo. This time ... perfect. Got it. Fun.

Monday morning. Actually, the alarm clock rang at 5:30 am and in less than one hour we were on the road. It took us 1 hour longer than usual because of traffic. We came to a stop at one point just after we had passed an exit. But I accomplished something. Working on Easter eggs. Tatting.

And ... we are a couple who talks with each other. So, being cooped up in the car we talked about this latest experience. Of course our mini-vacation and first time on a Holland America ship (which was great) but how grateful we are of having time with our children. Happy about family times, some times made by FaceTime. William facetimed with Caleb and Aunt Sarah. The two cousins are so cute with each other. How different was it 30/40 years ago when James and I tried to stay in contact with our families in Europe. It has become so easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment