Friday, January 17, 2020

Day 7 - All Day at Sea

Thursday January 9

No docking anywhere today. I used to not like days at sea. I thought it was a bit of wasted time. But it feels really good to me this time. And I didn't even bring any tatting or knitting. I read the book Kate had brought and finished in the plane coming.

We get a "when and where" schedule every day but we don't find too many things in there which interests us. Kate and David like trivia. There are several during the day and we participate too. It's fun. There are so many decks. This is the highest. The Crow's Nest is on 11. That's where the happy hour is.


I have never noticed how many people play cards or dice. The Crow's Nest was very crowded and we didn't see any free seats. A couple playing dice invited us to sit at their table. After they finished the game they asked us whether we wanted to play with them. So we did. They called the game "10,000" and first they had to teach us. James was very unlucky in the beginning and could not get the starting 1000 points for the longest time but ended up winning. We laughed a lot. Thanks, Debbie and Bruce from Wisconsin.




No comments: