Thursday, July 2, 2020

William's vacation, Day 10

Wednesday     (I can't believe it's now July!)

The house is quiet. William could sleep in today. No nose-pinching. 

We decided to visit Fort Macon State Park on Bogue Banks (Island). 

Bogue Banks form a 21-mile (34 km) barrier island off the mainland of North Carolina. The island, separated from the mainland by Bogue Sound, runs east to west, with the ocean beaches facing due south. 

It made for a nice morning outing.









We found enough in the refrigerator for lunch and afterwards Papa and William went for a swim. 


At 4:40 pm we decided to go to the beach. It was high tide. I had never seen it. It is so different. The beach was much narrower but there was a lot of really shallow water which was very warm. It was ideal for the little children. Still, I was amazed how considerate people were. In some parts it was a bit more crowded than in my photos here but social distancing seemed to be working fine here. 







Later we had a very relaxing evening. James and I played Five Crowns and William cheered us on. He brought me luck. I won.

No comments: