Monday, March 1, 2021

Things to share

Those two pots with the amaryllis are a big source of happiness for both of us. Somehow it brings the beauty of God's earth into our house even though we can't do any of our travels right now.

Every day it looked a little different. First we just tried to count how many buds there might be coming up. And they grew taller and taller. Now they are opening up. This photo was taken 2/26.


This photo was just taken two days later 2/28.




We had had 4 snow or ice storms in a row. Finally the ice was thawing. I had taken many photos of the snow and ice, all pretty (I think) but not much different. This time I was wondering why suddenly there were those circles on the back and front patio? 


And there were flowers even outside with snow still on the ground. Here one of the new camellias.


Inside there is also a little rose on the pot Helen gifted to me at Thanksgiving. I can't believe I managed to make it survive the winter and then it even flowered again.


On Wednesday the 24th the sky was blue and the sun was shining quite warmly. My back problems had improved and we went on a walk around Echo Lake. It was so delightful.



We also managed to play our card game outside on the back patio. So hope we will have days like that soon again. Btw. it seems the cards are dealt in my favor lately. Poor James lost ... again.


And lastly here are three things I want to share. They are so very different. I found them on Facebook and thought they were very meaningful.





Something to ponder. Times of social distancing. No discussions? 
And yes, I can tell time on a clock with hands, I know what army time is and I can drive a stick shift.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your show of flowers are wonderful. I order a bunch of daffodils with my grocery delivery every week, they cheer up the outlook. Diana