Friday, January 7, 2022

First big snow this winter

Wow, the weather forecast kept telling us to expect a winter storm. The new year was going to start much differently than the old one had ended. The first photo was taken Monday January 3 shortly before 9 am. 


By 2 pm it looked very different. 


Oh yes, I had to make snow cream. 


James took these photos. I could have thrown a snow ball but he had my camera. Eh, no!


The snow cream was ready, most of it in the freezer and I had lots of snow leftover. I tried to make a snow man, ha-ha. The snow was not good for that. I could not form nice round balls. It clumped into icy pieces.


James decided he needed exercise and shoveled the sidewalk. We did not need to do it but he did anyway.



3:30 pm and everything does look very nice. 


The sun is peeking through the trees.


Tuesday morning just before 9 am. Not much has changed only the sun shining from the other side. Still gorgeous but horror stories about drivers stuck on the interstate and people without power. 



The birds love the suet seed packs the best right now. James replenishes one and shakes snow/ice off the other. While he is doing it I watch the birds flying from one bush/tree to the other around him and waiting.




As soon as he is gone there is a wild feasting. In two photos you see them flying. Best I could do.





Everyone feels a little stuck. I had to cancel/change two appointments of which one was the dentist (hygienist). Otherwise there is plenty to do inside the house.


Wednesday morning I received a call from Sarah asking "how comfortable are you driving?" Well, the streets (especially the main ones) were all o.k. Caleb had hurt his hand the day before sledding. They thought he felt bad because he was tired but in the morning he felt worse. He needed to see a doctor. All schools were scheduled to start 2 hours delayed. So we went to stay with the twins so Sarah could leave with Caleb. When we arrived they were laying on the floor playing with puzzles until it was time for us to bring them to their school.


Sarah texted us this photo later. Xray showed nothing broken so hopefully it is just a bad sprain. 


Nashville faired similarly weatherwise. Ben was kind and texted several photos to me saying that William thought snow angels looked funnier in the movies. 


That reminded me that sometime ago I had made 'my one and only one' and looked for the video. It took a while before I found it.
The big snow of 2016 is a nice blog. 
Strange though that the videos are not working any more. So here is Omi making the snow angel. I don't think I would like to try that now a few years older.

No comments: