Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Day 10 of William's visit

First thing: I remembered what we had to do Sunday afternoon. My fitbit was driving me crazy lately. It was not holding charges, I could not sync it which means I had no idea whether I was doing at least a bit decent of getting some exercise. But mostly it gave me totally wrong time of the day. What is the time? So we went out to get a new one for me. James insisted. I guess he doesn't like a wife which goes crazy.

Monday - He seemed to have caught the cold which was going around. Sarah decided that we need a break and made other arrangements for her children to be taken to their scheduled camps and fetched later. The weather was really very nice early in the morning so James, William and I decided it was perfect to go for a nice walk. Richmond has many beautiful green zones and parks. We decided on Deep Run Park because it is quite near. This is about 9:30 am when William tiptoed to get closer to an inquisitive squirrel. 


We had no map and just meandered around what looked nice ... looking at this and that.


This insect habitat was designed and built as an Eagle scout project. Very nice.



Mostly there were paved paths but we also wanted to go "real forest paths". 


When it was time to find the car we did use the GPS. Why not?



It was just before noon so we wanted to treat William to his favorite: all you can eat sushi! James and I had never been to the "Sushi King" and didn't quite know how it works. The service was very slow. Next time we would know better. William can eat easily 4 of those rolls but he did give up after that. Otherwise he probably would have asked for another. But I had shared my Edamame while we were waiting. May be that helped.







Just some photos from home. My rose of sharon looks this year the best it ever has. It is actually on the other side of the fence.



William often asks what he could help with and mostly I don't know. But now he askes whether he could do the blowing of the tree bits when he thinks it needs it. Something we could get used too.




One of my hydrangeas is blooming nicely. The other one is a dud for the second year. 


And yes, he does like playing Five Crowns with us. Omi is still not good with selfies.


 A nice day. Thank the Lord.


No comments: