Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Day 4 of William's visit

Tuesday - The day was a bit complicated but very nice and we changed the plan in the middle anyway. The three younger boys are having camp this week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the Henricus Historical Park from 9 am to 4 pm and it is "a little bit" away. So, Sarah brought them to her workplace again. We had to wake poor William too but he was so nice and willing about it. So we met Sarah short after 8, did the car transfer and continued to the camp with 9 minutes to spare. 

The boys disappeared very fast into the education building. I followed to sign them in. Then James, William and I went for a walk on a trail. There is the Dutch Gap trail which is a 4.5 mile loop which looked good. We thought to give it a try. Strange that after about 1/2 mile we saw a sign that in another mile  the trail is closed. 




Here and there there were little "no outlet" trails going off and we followed this one just to have a look. The flowers lured me. The first photo doesn't really show the pretty colors.



I wasn't very good taking photos today but on the walk I saw special picture opportunities is many places.






There were several trees like this but this one was the most majestic one. So sorry that the photo just doesn't show it. 


We worried about the sign we had seen about the trail being closed at one point and decided to turn around. See the little toddler Croc on the fence post? Somebody is missing it. It wasn't more than 4 inches.



It wasn't even 11 yet and we decided that we could not hang around til 4 pm. The "living history" park was  closed, probably because of the day camps. So we went on our way filling the car up with gas at the Costco close to our house. William had the shower he could not have this morning because of the timing. And we went for lunch to have Pho. All of us "cleaned" our bowls.

On the way home we stopped for some groceries. At home William did some reading. James and I had our card game (I lost) with coffee. 

Around 3 I left to return the boys to their parents. GPS found me a better route this time only 3 minutes longer. All three had had a great time and were excited. Our destination was a country club for the Tuesday evening swim meet. Ha-ha, I found a parking spot and held it for Sarah who arrived 10 minutes later from work when the parking lot was pretty much full except at the furthest from the pool. It was fun.

While I was gone William showed James one of the youTubes he likes and I saw the rest. Interesting.


A little "kitchen duty" to put some dinner on the table. I try to get used to that William loves vegetables ... but not cooked. I think I did ok tonight.

I hope he has a good night's sleep. We promised not to wake him in the morning.


No comments: