Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Trip Day 21

Monday August 28

A lot had been going on Sunday. This day was a 'slow' day. We finally unpacked a bit and sorted ourselves out. Well, we also had a lot of dirty clothes. Ute picked us up. We had breakfast together and loaded the washing machine. I decided to wash my hair while Ute and James plaid cards. 



Afterwards we tried to set Ute's new ipad up but (of course) were not totally successful. It will need more attention. 

Not sure what we all did (besides talking, oh the memories), another card game this time with 3, lunch, and then Ute drove us to the cemetery. We visited our mother, her husband Siegbert and his parents. Cemetaries are a bit like parks or gardens and the weather was nice.


James decided he really needed a walk and I joined him. Ute's house is right on the edge of the town and there is a nice walk way right behind the house. These water towers in the distance are a landmark.


Maren asked later "is this my large tree" and I didn't know what she meant. But then I remembered the tree from her terrace. It probably was. 


Ute has some very interesting plants in her yard. I have found a new feature on my iphone in photos that I can check what kind of plant it is. Ute had told me that it is a perennial. Siberian-tea or elephant-eared saxifrage in the bergenia family. I think I would like it because it seems to make a great cut flower.


And while I was at it: Ute gets a stevia plant every year and highly recommends it.


Well, this was a new thing: we also played a third game. And we laughed a lot doing so. Ute made a nice salad and then brought us back to Manu/Tobias' house. 


A "this and that" day. Not really a "blog about it" day. But of course the main thing is to spend precious time with each other.

No comments: