Sunday, July 21, 2024

Family Trip - Day 10 - Lechbruck / Schloß Neuschwanstein / FC Bayern München Tour

I admit, it is not easy to write these blogs so after the days. And, since Helen and Sarah were nice to share there photos it does make it a little bit more difficult. I am not complaining though. James and I enjoy reading the blogs. Just be patient with me.

Thursday July 4

Yes, today the USA is celebrating Independence Day. Out of the country you don't notice it so much. 

I  volunteered to have a run to the supermarket. Could not believe what I saw at the entrance: Edelweiss! for your garden! Wouldn't it be nice if I could take it home? I don't think it would love our climate though  



My sister Ute had said since arrival that she wanted to go home on Thursday, today. We all tried to talk her into leaving Friday but she had made her mind. I guess since we had decided to all go up to the Zugspitze on Friday, she probably didn't want to join us. 

Sarah and her crew wanted to bring her to the trainstation in Füssen. I think she wanted to see Schloß Neuschwanstein from afar. Unfortunately they had to wait almost an hour since the timetable had been changed. Only people who had bought their tickets online had been notified.











I can't remember when they came back from Füssen but they had to leave soon because they had tickets for the FC Bayern München Museum and Arena Tour in English at 1:15 pm and it probably was a 1 1/2 hour drive.

While they were gone I found other things to do. And I found it interesting that you find a lot of bathrooms in Germany with porcelan urinals, a lot also with lids.



At 2 pm James and I went on a little walk from the house. We walked along the river Lech which was very nice. We had driven over a bridge into the town and I wanted to take some photos there.











On the way back James took this photo of me. I had seen that Sarah had a video with her children on this seesaw. 


When we were back an hour later where we had started we wanted some refreshments in the little restaurant. I had started ordering when I learned that they only take cash. Oh bummer. Only had my credit card. No Euros with me. I said I was sorry and started to turn. She looked at me and said that she trusted me. I should bring the money later. She showed me the bill and pinned it next to the window where I ordered. And we had a nice chat. I was impressed.




Back at the house.


Everytime I saw this next to the door I had meant to take a photo. Those little plants are so cute. I think they are cacti.



And here are the photos from our young people and their adventure in the afternoon.












They had another great experience and talked happily about it. 

When everybody was back we thought because we had had such a great experience at the restaurant across the street earlier that it might be a nice place for dinner. The weather was nice to be outdoors. 
It is a no-frill restaurant and the boys helped out.





Ha-ha, we did get another downpour but it didn't last very long. 

No comments: