Sunday, July 28, 2024

Family Trip - Day 16 - bye bye Munich, bye bye children

Wednesday July 10

James and I don't have an agenda today and we have all the time in the World to help the others.  I can't remember for what I had set my alarm but the family of 5 had to be sent off first. I went to their room probably short after 6 to help. Then I walked with them to the Munich Hauptbahnhof, the train station. It was max a 10 minute walk. As I said before, location, location, location. 

Figuring out how to get the train tickets was a bit more difficult, even if you manage the language. And there were two different train lines going to the same place. But all was well. The three young boys are such great travelers. No heartache from them when it matters. 

I harried back to the hotel and went to Helen and William's room. Can I help? They were flying to England for a couple of days before going home. Same thing. We walked to the Hauptbahnhof, got the tickets, and off they went. Hugs, hugs.

And that left James and me. Strange. But what a wonderful time we had with our children and grandchilldren. Pray to the Lord that we will have another opportunity like that again. 

It also had left the Ritter Sports Marzipan I got yesterday at Lidl. 


I need a moment to refocus, then we packed up and I collected the parked rental car for 20 Euros as reported earlier. And we went on our way with the GPS set on Singen.

We stopped at an autobahn rest stop. Ha-ha, I cashed in my earlier potty token. The coffee felt good. 



Halfway of course we change from autobahn to countrylane which is somewhat tiring. Close to Singen we were looking for a place to have a leagerly lunch. And there was a zeppelin which needed to be photographed. Ha-ha, "luckily" we were in a traffic jam and this is the best I could do.



This looked like the perfect lunch place ... but it was closed for the day. Bummer.


We took a turn towards the Bodensee lake to find a nice place but as soon as we were there it started to rain. We decided to go to a supermarket, get a sandwich to share and continued. All good.

I can't remember when we finally reached the place of our friends Corry and Werner, but as always it was a big hallo. Since I had not been able to keep up with the blogs there were a lot of questions.

First thing though: empty the car and bring it back to the rental car people. Successful done!

What else? We probably played Five Crowns and watched a Eurocup game. 


I have to say something about friendship. Corry and I go back to a little CPA office where she was an apprentice. Later I had changed to a "real" company bookkeeping/financial department and when we needed somebody there she changed also. As I said, we go back a long time. We don't always talk to each other ... but when we do it is just like last week or even yesterday. They visited us in the USA several times and we are trying to get them to visit again.

Lucky are those who have real friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Schöne Erlebnisse muß man konservieren. Ihr macht das richtig.
Liebe Geüße von Ute