Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thinking - - many topics!

Thinking, thinking. Is this a coincidence? A month ago I received an e-mail ... one of those forwards. I usually hate forwards. Please don't ever send one to me where you have to forward it to 10 friends within the hour!!! This one was different though (I will print it at the end). I decided to act on it.

I like gadgets (!!!) so I entered it in my iPhone calendar to ring every day at 9 pm to call me to prayer ... and I was pretty good in keeping to it. I have no idea how many people in the US or the world say this prayer exactly at the same time EVERY DAY but ... do we have a chance for peace now that Osama is dead? Coincidence? You decide!
 
The e-mail: Someone has said that if Christians really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless. Did you know that during WWII there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace? There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America . If you would like to participate: Every evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, and for a return to a Godly nation. If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have.


Mother's Day tomorrow! I was so blessed with the most wonderful mother. She has done so much for me ... and now I can't do anything for her. She doesn't seem to have much quality of life any more. And my sister says that Mutti might leave us soon. My flight to Germany is booked. Perhaps we can laugh together one more time.


My beautiful mother with my beautiful daughters 1983.











And now the requested pictures of my new hair do:


Before!












After! I was a blond all my life until I turned gray. Brunette (or even red?) was not what I had in mind. But I will get over it.


















Yes, I will get over it. Not a problem.

No comments: