Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monthly quilt week

2nd Tuesday of the month (June 10) at 10 am = CR quilters!
This time Marsha showed us how to make a Dresden Plate. She was wonderfully prepared and gave us a great lesson. You do need a special tool to make the right cutting easy. I got one now, ha-ha. With a coupon it was less then $5.




Marsha brought samples of what you can do.


BOM # 5


Show + tell !
Janet is almost finished with her wedding quilt. Well, "her" wedding is way before mine. She kept moaning that the bride wanted a red and yellow one but I think it is really stunning!


Becky brought two of her mother's quilts. This double wedding quilt is so special. I wished, I wished ...


She had made a quilt as a wedding gift too.


The back. I think she did the quilt-as-you-go technique.


Somebody is ahead with her Christmas gifts.


I wished I remembered the name of the lady reluctantly showing us these. It will be a gorgeous wall hanging. I love the color choices.


And a newcomer showed us the things she had started a long time ago.


Same day every month in the evening: church mice quilters. This time it was the yearly picnic at Bonnie's house.
But we did have a little bit of show+tell. This is jaw dropping!


And the hostess showed us her "invention" of a family tree quilt.
Front.


Back.


Well, and then every week on Thursdays I try to work at the Stitchers-for-a-cause.
Since it is always a potluck lunch I made scotch eggs to bring.


There is kind of a show+tell to. Sometimes we discuss projects. This is going to be a special quilt. It's going to be raffled for a special cause. The top is finished. Amazing was this person did with the fabric on hand.


Sometimes somebody shows us their "private" quilts.


This is my project I am working on. The three birds were donated (like all the fabric). I guess somebody decided paper piecing is not her thing. They were different sizes and a couple of weeks ago I did the panel. I should have taken a "before" picture.
This Thursday I added the trees. Have to think what to do next with it. And yes, the birds need eyes. I am pretty pleased so far.


Oh yes, I also finished this "Lace Chrismon" today. Its part of a special project for myself but that will be a different blog in the future.


I guess this blog is for my "textile friends" ... or is it "thread friends"?

No comments: