Saturday, April 25, 2015

Moving ... done!

Sarah and Wade sold the 4506 Cutshaw Avenue house the first week they had put it on the market. Closing was on April 2 and it needed to be empty.

Unfortunately finding their new "100% right" place took a little longer. They actually had to put most of their belongings in storage and stay in a rented place. But finally the day of closing on the new house came: April 23, exactly three weeks later.
While they were at the lawyers James and I picked up Caleb from the daycare and waited at the new house (seems like it always takes a little longer at the lawyers). Of course I had not seen it and didn't have a key so we wandered around outside to keep Caleb happy.

There was a doggy in the yard ... a concrete one.

Caleb didn't trust it.

Finally the happy new owners arrived and we got a tour. I think they will be very happy in this place!
We took Caleb with us for the night so that the parents could get to work (and may be celebrate a little too). He was so so tired. I had to work hard to keep him awake in the car. He gave me a lovely smile when I lay him into the crib and was asleep probably 5 minutes later. And of course slept the whole night.
Breakfast time next morning.

Then James brought him to the day care and the real moving day began. Sarah and Wade had arranged different things to happen like clockwork. And all worked out really well and the sun was shining too. Even Wade's father Mike drove all the way from Pulaski to help.
I went straight to the house. The movers with the storage were scheduled to arrive at 9am. When I walked in I saw this though = Caleb's "essentials" from the temporary house. Is there anything else really needed?

I had brought paper, sharpie and tape and Sarah and I labeled the different rooms so we could tell where things needed to go. Lighter things we could help to bring in but when kitchen boxes finally arrived I could start unpacking and washing.
Funny how the packers had packed some of the things. I had to take this picture for Helen. She likes to leave these little ducks hidden behind when she leaves after a visit.

James and I decided that we feel a bit our age on days like this. We arrived back home a bit ... worn. What did Edy do all day? As soon as I set down she made herself comfy on top of me.

They had been so lucky with the weather on Friday. Saturday it drizzled or rained all day. An ugly day.
We had been asked to mind Caleb for a little while in the afternoon because they wanted to do an errand and Mike had to drive back home. Since it was almost on our way from us to them we offered to stop at the temporary place to pick up the rest and do the essential cleaning.
Caleb was a lot of fun. As always a box is a wonderful toy.

James and Caleb explored the house and found Jimmy's "house".

The errand took a little longer but when Caleb was in bed we were treated to dinner from the "green egg".

Sunday (today) came too early especially since there was a bit of thunder in the night and Edy insisted on sleeping on my head.
James had to leave for church 7:15am because he was leading both services. Our Rector was on vacation.
... including the sermon. I am so proud of my husband. Doesn't shy away from much.

We have two new babies in the congregation. That's what the rosebuds on the altar are for.

Boy boy boy. After church an open house birthday party and after that we met Sarah and Wade (after Caleb's nap) at the "temporary place" (2524 Thicket Green) to finish up and close that chapter in the moving story. It was almost in the same neighborhood anyway.

The swiffer had already been on the truck but Caleb insisted on trying it out on the street. Cute that he even knows what you should do with it.


And just when I thought I was done with this blog an email arrived from Ben. James and I had to look at the pictures for a while. William is becoming such a big boy. Can't wait until we see him. It's his birthday soon!
Handsome and sweet.

Life is good. Thanks be to God!



  1. That is a BIG house! What a wonderful yard for a boy to grow up in! Please tell Sarah and Wade congratulations!

  2. Loving your pictures and the authentic and unique way you have put your story across - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!