Saturday, August 6, 2016

Cheekwood and back to VA


William is an excellent sleepover guest. I love his sleepy smile when he wakes up. He always asks for Omi's applesauce and oats for breakfast but he also likes boiled eggs on sandwich rounds.

Papa checks the weather and since we have a whole day we think we should go to Cheekwood first. James knew that there were 6 playhouses at the moment William would surely enjoy. The garden opens at 9am which is great to be in the cooler morning air.

From the parking lot we went through several gardens. William enjoyed telling me which flowers were in his Mommy's garden. Well, no water lilies. He so would have liked to throw little sticks into the water. Not allowed.




Omi just enjoys taking photos.




This was the playhouse William liked best. He couldn't get enough sliding down this pipe.





But of course he wanted to see the trains too. They are there permanently and he has seen them often. He run circles around it, only stopping when he had caught up with a train.





James and I had trouble keeping up with him. See James peeking from the other side?



Another playhouse. I love the hardware.



Oh well, back to the favorite.





Another ... the castle. Peek!






And there was another playhouse on the other side of the lake. William didn't like it and didn't even go close.



He found the rocks, the lake and the little waterfall much more interesting.



Tadpoles and little fishes. Questions like where are the frogs?



He loved the stepping stones and we had to cross three times.



The last playhouse. Embroidered umbrellas making the roof.



Swings hanging from the cross beams.




We had brought a water bottle but we were soooooo thirsty. And it was close to lunchtime. If you are three people and they bring 4 complimentary little cupcakes ... who gets the extra one?



At lunchtime I got a text from Sarah. The twins were making trouble. She had gone to the Dr and was sent to the hospital. She is 31 1/2 weeks along. Too early. James and I decided that we should leave in the afternoon rather then next morning as planned.

William was wonderful. He understood that Papa and Omi needed to help Auntie Sarah and Uncle Wade with Caleb. He even helped us pack his blow-up bed in case he comes to visit us in Virginia to visit. The crib in Richmond really will not do any longer. Papa explained that we will bring it back if we visit first ... just like his car seat. He is a smart little guy.

And then we just had to wait for Mommy to come.




Leaving is never easy. We had planned everything so carefully ... going to dinner together near their house and then part ways. It's always more difficult for him when he has to leave our place. So sorry we had to shorten our visit those three precious hours.

And it's better when we can say when we will see each other again. He loves calendar pages where he can cross off the days. Don't know this time. The only promise we can make that it will be as soon as possible.


I wanted to stop here but then many would say "what about Sarah?" She is fine. So are the twins.

We had a good drive. Is that rainbow three hours into our drive an omen? First without and then with rain. Actually a very heavy downpour.




Wade and Sarah had kept us up to date of the situation during the evening. We arrived at 3 in the morning.


Things looked much better. Wade brought Caleb to the day care and went to the hospital. We went around 10 to relieve him so he could go to work.

I am very impressed with the care Sarah got. They even rolled a machine in for a scan. Everybody was excited that the twins were really doing great. It seems that

Baby A is about 5 pounds 4 oz and

Baby B is about 4 pounds 13 oz.

As the Dr said to Sarah: a lot of baby already in there.




The things over the faces look strange but it's just when the membranes are too close. Nothing to worry about.

At 5 pm James and I met at their house. James drove Sarah's car from the hospital and I drove the car we had come in. Wade got Caleb from the day care and we now took care of him so Wade could go to his wife. Caleb likes to help.



I didn't take the best picture though. When it got close to bedtime we watched a little "Curious George". Caleb sat on Papa's lap and Papa was fast asleep. The 4 hours in the night had not been enough after all.

Sarah got discharged on Saturday. Everything is fine. She just needs to take it more (much more) easily.

* * *

That was quite a scare. It reminded me of when we had to rush to Nashville when Helen was in a similar situation. I really could do with a hug from Helen and William right now.


1 comment:

  1. What a cool park! I really loved the umbrellas!

    So glad to hear that Sarah and the twins are ok! Keep us posted. She's in my prayers.