Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving in Nashville

Monday November 21 - we drove all day. Luckily the weather was nice and the traffic was light.

Tuesday - William was in school so we had time to get settled, get some food for pantry and fridge and even take a nice walk. In the beginning we saw a sign about a missing/taken dog and later thought we saw the dog. Had a collar but without his name and he looked like he had been roaming a while. We called the number but there was no answer. We left a message with the location where we had seen a dog looking like it ... but never heard from the people. The sign is still up now.

Papa had gone to school to be with William for his lunch break. After school Helen and William came to the townhouse. William came with his little suitcase, ready for 5 sleepovers (every night when there was not school the next day). He was so excited. 
After supper we produced the piece of Caleb's birthday cake. As you can see it was happily received.

We also played the new game we had bought for our grandparents-stash: Skip-Bo
He liked it. We played it every day and he quickly gets better at it.

Wednesday - more playing and Thanksgiving Day preparations. Yup, baked "Sarah's recipe Apple-pie", the best apple pie recipe EVER.

Thursday ... THE day!
Gosh, we had an early start. Helen, friend Suzanne and James went for a charity 5 K walk. William and I went a little later since we didn't have to do the registering etc.

Look at our daughter Helen! We are so proud of her how she is improving her health. She has lost 40 pounds. Forty! She commented that this is how much William weighed in Kindergarten. 
Now, if her old mother can just do the same (sigh).

At 8 am they all went off. William said "hello" to the TV snowbird. He had also told me in the car that most likely there would be bagels and other stuff. He made a bee-line for the table he had spotted. He was so right. The bagel and bottle of water just hit the spot (not much breakfast at home).

William waited patiently for the first runners to be back. In the first picture William is just behind the "stick" with the finish line camera. It was run over 3 times by arrivals.

William thinks that his job is the "high five good job". He took it very seriously.

It was a not so nice chilly morning. A wind even started and the blow-up finished line had to be taken down. So, back home, it was time to warm up. How about a mimosa? ... while watching the parade and the Westminster dog show.

Ben arrived with his masterpieces. He sure knows how to create a feast. The turkey was smoked on the green egg. A mother-in-law dream ... just open the door, ha-ha.

Oh, I probably should mention that Helen had worked very hard on her contributions and James did his famous roast potatoes.

After Ben left to visit his mother, James took William for a walk.

Of course we were in touch with Sarah too and she sent us these pictures:


1 comment:

  1. Helen is an inspiration!

    What a lovely Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for, indeed!