Sunday, May 6, 2018

Freddy and the annuals

James and I had gone to buy annuals for our big garden pots. Because of the strange winter the pansies finally started to look really nice. Usually by this time they are over their prime and look leggy. But if we don't buy the summer annuals now there will not be any later. Everything will be picked over or has suffered in their little pots.

Anyway, we transplanted the pansies into the ground somewhere and used the pots for the new annuals. I planted the mandevilla first and then shoveled and prepared the rest of the dirt. Suddenly, out jumped this little green frog. I gently coaxed him off the concrete into the empty pot. When I was done with the planting of that pot I gently let him go into his "renovated" space. He was still covered with dirt.


Can you see him in this photo?


Or in this?


Or in this?


That was fun. Life is good when you can enjoy the little things.


1 comment:

Happy Room Diana said...

I love watching the wildlife in the garden, spent ages watching four newts in my pond yesterday