Thursday, May 10, 2018

It's still time In Easter

... and I found an egg. But first things first.

Getting the new annuals and everything else watered. Leaving for Nashville. 
Out rhododendron will be in its most beautiful state while we are gone. Oh well, small price to pay to see Helen, Ben and William. I should have asked my friend Julie to take a photo. And now as I am thinking of it ... the peonies will do the same. They were loaded with buds. They are a bit hidden in the yard (planted by the former owners) and last year I took single flowers into my kitchen and I so enjoyed their beauty.


The azaleas in the front seemed dead to us after that awful winter but look at them now.


Ok, on the road. We packed a picnic and enjoyed it at the first Tennessee Visitor Center.


It seemed to be tourist day (or week, or month) and we each were given a little snack bag. The previous salads wanted to be joined by these cheese crackers - laid out for the driver to grab.


After arrival on Wednesday Ben and William came over in the evening (when the traffic allowed) and ate supper at the Mexican restaurant close to us. We used to enjoy it but it is not the same any more and we might have to find something else. It was so loud that we hardly could talk and "fled" to have dessert at the townhouse.

Ha-ha, William would have enjoyed seeing what I saw this morning on my walk. 
Yes, about the egg I found!

I walked from our neighborhood to the next. The golf course is in-between and ducks keep wandering. When I passed a row of townhouses with lots of parking in front, there was a commotion of several ducks. Could the lost egg be the reason? 


I walked to the end of a dead end street and all the way back and the egg was still there. I picked it up with a hanky. Now I am having plans. I am all about memories and what a fun memory this would be. I am making what James calls a négligée for it. One of my eggs I am hanging up between Easter and Pentecost. 


This old blog shows some of those eggs. 2015 but some are as old as from 1982 or so.


No comments: