Thursday, May 3, 2018

This and That

No boredom here! Always something going on. My sweet husband is making lunch or dinner when I have a project like sewing or working on the church newsletter. My favorite: Steamed spinach on toast with scrambled egg.


The last of this season. The Richmond Opera was a matinee on Sunday 4/15. We always try to go to the Pre-curtain talk and as always it was brilliant. Dr. Glenn Winters again told us things which made the whole experience more interesting and special. Besides, he has great humor.

Every one in the cast of Lucia Di Lammermore was unbelievable. In the last act I had to hold back my tears. That has not happened very often to me. The standing ovations were very very deserved.


Last Richmond Forum of the season on Saturday 4/21. Totally different but very interesting too.


Saturday April 28 was Powhatan Fiber Festival and the Colonial Lacemakers were demonstrating how to make bobbinlace. The Festival was from 10 am to 5 pm and we were signed up from 10 am to 1 pm. I had promised my friends to help. The drive was longer then I thought but it was a fun time. 

I had never been there but was impressed. There was a big tent with all the different demonstrators who had different time slots. There were plenty of other tents of the vendors and of course food too. By chance we were right next to a big field were a dog showed off herding sheep. The picture was from my place.


After the demonstrating I brought my stuff back to the car and wandered around to see all too. I have plenty of photos but here are just a few.



Got my lunch here! It was delicious. They even had little portions of mint jelly to put on the sandwiches.



A sample of what you could do with the wool offered.


I had never seen sock knitting machines. And here I saw actually three.



This lady demonstrated spinning but not from wool but from an angora rabbit which perched on her lap. He (or she) was very content. Probably considered it grooming.




Sunday April 29 afternoon - I had a ticket for the Richmond Quilters Tea and Quilt at Tuckahoe Plantation. This is a historic house, entry and tour was included in the ticket. It was a gorgeous day and lots of beautiful quilts were hung all around the gardens. Inside, outside and the piece of cake - all was very nice. 
Unfortunately I didn't get the call that I had won the quilt behind the registration table. The raffle ticket was included in the ticket price too.


Monday April 30 - The May Cloak (church newsletter) was done and e-mailed but when I had to go to the church for a meeting I couldn't resist taking these photos in the Memorial Garden. 



It was probably too late in the day for the above photos but the sun was just right for the next one. I love it!


And that's it for now. Happy summery spring!


No comments: