Monday, June 24, 2019

Scotland on Wednesday

It is now Monday in the following week but the photos didn't upload into the cloud. So, now I will try to remember what adventures were packed into the days since.

The first three photos were out of the window of our room. Pam, our host, is a wonderful sweet lady.




Tricia picked us up around 11 am. On the way to their house she stopped to show us the visitor center. We were impressed. 




As soon as we had left there it started to drizzle. 
Out of their living room windows. The view and watching the birds is fantastic.





Tricia and Robert are very disappointed about the weather because they love where they live and wanted us to see it in all its glory. Listening to the forecast is one thing but you never know what it is going to do exactly. 

It was decided that we had to get out of the house and Tricia packed a picnic lunch. That was the first stop. The info on the photos says "Gairloch". It is a really nice beach.




The sand was a bit wet and Tricia told me to sit on the plastic bag.


Unfortunately next to that plastic bag was a "gift" a dog had left. Suddenly the smell was unbearable because I had stepped into it. It took a lot of effort to get rid of it from under the soles which have a great profile for hiking (not to slip).


The beach from a look-out.

 


Robert is a great guide. He knows his roads and look-outs and most of all, he knows his mountains and lochs. I hope he forgives me for not remembering the names. All I can say is that it is an awesome area. How anybody can not believe that there is a creator is beyond me. None of the photos really caught it. May be the ones of the little flowers?






Since the weather seems to be improving Robert and Tricia decided to take us to this beach with the most amazing sand.





Not actually looking like beach-goers?


Robert was going forth and back but finally decided that the weather could be trusted and off we went to hike up the trail.





This is cottongrass (also called cottonsedge or bog cotton) can be found where it is very wet. Tricia said if you see it avoid going there or your feet get wet. It looked very pretty. She said somebody had collected it even to stuff some pillows as gifts.



We told Robert and James to walk their own pace.


When Tricia and I came to the next "hump" there was a big gust which took my breath away and I thought I was high enough. The thought of going down hill scared me a little and I wanted to take my time. Tricia was o.k. with it.

But as soon as we had turned a downpour came. OMG. I had my rain jacket on but it dripped off the front and made my jean's legs wet.



The rain was not really a big deal. It's just water and will dry. As long as the upper body is dry I am o.k. with it.


Back in the car it was time to head home. I think it was about 5ish. Still, looking out of the window is nice. Rainbows too!






We had originally planned to go out for dinner but since we were wet it was best to change and then Tricia found a nice supper for us. The wet jeans were over the radiator.


Eventually it was time to call it a night.


No comments: