Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter

Oh, a glorious Easter it was. Holy Week had not quite gone as James and I had wanted but health issues come with getting older. 

Sarah had highly praised and shared on FaceBook how much fun the children had with their new gadget for coloring the Easter eggs. They were done with it this year so I borrowed it to do mine. 

I asked our friend Julie whether she would like to color some on Saturday with me. I knew she was going to her sister on Sunday and was sure she would like to take some. I told her that I would just make my maximum number of hardboiled eggs. Routine anyway.

We had a lovely time. Julie was so impressed with this. She loves painting on t-shirts, canvas bags, even glasses in her own style. Of course she puts her own style on the Easter eggs too. Yes, fun. Some are collaborate efforts. 


I encouraged her to take some to mutual friends next door to her too and that was fun too. 
Here is "my loot".


Julie and I noticed early on that the eggs were wobbling on it and found that one of the rubber rings had come off. We tried and James looked too but were not successful. 


Easter Sunday morning we met with Sarah and her family at our church. The church had rented a tent and all who wanted to come had registered. Chairs had been set up to give enough space between the different families. Of course we all wore masks. The altar area was beautifully decorated and it was an uplifting service. 


Afterwards there were egg hunts for the children and the memorial garden gave a nice back drop for a family photo.


We then went to our house. The boys had received a Lego kit each and that was the first thing they wanted to do. It was very nice out on the back patio. 


At 1 o'clock lunch was ready but we decided to have it inside. The table is larger and closer to the kitchen. 
We took our time and we even had dessert which was Grandma Burr's orange fluff. Years ago when our children were little James told us that his mother used to make it and it was called orange mold. We decided to re-name it since in the US mold doesn't sound very appetizing. 

Caleb had overheard that there might be a egg hunt here too so I had bought color chalk for them to decorate our driveway in the front. I had quickly put the leftover food into the fridge and could not believe what I saw when I too went outside. They drew silhouettes.





While that was going on in the front James and I hid the eggs in the back yard and the things for the clues.
I had all prepared. I had bought extra large plastic eggs and sorted them by colors making three lots.
I tried very hard to find things staying away from sweets. (I know Halloween, Christmas and Easter are a bit of a nightmare for parents)




I printed the photos out on paper and each child was told only collect "their" colors. It worked beautifully. Nobody got more than the other. Everything was equal. I was too busy to take many photos but Sarah shared. 




One egg for each had a clue of a hiding place of something too big to put into the eggs. Actually it was a (still as little as possible) chocolate bunny and a yoyo. The yoyo was a success too. They all tried hard. Wade demonstrated very impressive.



I had told Sarah that the egg coloring gadget had arrived wobbling and I had written to the company. 


Wow, I got a response this morning. 


The screwdriver was a clue. James found one which fitted and Sarah did it. All mended. Yeah!


Everybody was pretty tired and the young family packed up. We had had a great time.


1 comment:

Happy Room Diana said...

What a great time you are all having. We have an outdoor visit planned to see our family this afternoon. However woke up to snow !! Not a lot and hope its gone by this afternoon for our visit. We are still not allowed indoor visits.
It is only forecasting a high of 4 degrees, so thermals will be needed.
Happy Easter to you both.