Sunday, April 18, 2021

Itchy eyes ...

... and scratchy throat. And this is the culprit. 


Plenty of pine trees in the back of our house. Everything seems yellow. For about two weeks we do not venture to sit on our back patio.



Our local weatherman had good info for me on FaceBook:


On a happier note ... I hung this hummingbird feeder up just two days ago and today I saw the first hummingbird take advantage of it. I thought that was exciting!


Well, well, well, our first grandson LOVES mangoes and especially mango cream. He can come. Omi put plenty into the freezer.




Yesterday of course we had to watch TV in the morning. The evening before James had shown me what he had seen reading the (electronic) newspaper. This photo made me think of so many things. All those visits to James' hometown. I love Windsor. It is a charming town. Lovely walking along the Thames. Or doing the walk from the Castle to the Copper Horse. On this map I could show you my favorite pub. Ah, lovely pub food. We miss our families in Europe. 
The big question: when might we be able to travel again? 


In the evening more electronic time. The last Richmond Forum event of the season. Vijay Gupta is an accomplished violinist and advocate for social justice. Only born in 1987 he already had a quite interesting life. He started college at the age of 13, finishing with a pre-med bachelor's; and by 19 he was hired by the Los Angeles Philharmonic as the youngest member ever. But he wanted his art to be of service to the community around him. He founded the "Street Symphony", musicians giving free concert to homeless and incarcerated. The Forum event was called "The Healing Power of Music".


One of William's classes right now is music. Helen had just told me about a report he just had to write.  In my weekly letter to him I wrote this today because he might find it interesting:

He is playing with a violin which is loaned to him by a museum. It was made in the 1700s and very valuable. He told us that there are violinists who volunteer to go to museums daily to play old instruments because they need to be played or they disintegrate (which the dictionary says means: break up into small parts or decay). I didn’t know that. 

_ _ _

Wow, lots of subjects today. But it is time to shut the computer. Wishing you all a great week!

1 comment:

Happy Room Diana said...

Lovely to hear your news, as we sit in our caravan in North Wales.